Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Continuation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Continuation   Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:09 am

Quote from: Satyr on December 09, 2008, 05:09:04 AM
Quote from: Kriswest on December 09, 2008, 04:18:28 AM
End of discrimination cannot occur, but bigotry can. Fear and anger towards difference is natural it is a warning. But to allow that bigotry to control you and your society is where thinking ends. Discrimination is as you say is necessary. It is far different than bigotry.


What a convenient one-sided perspective.
Allowing anything to control you, including love, compassion, kindness, also results in problems.
That is true I could not agree more

Quote
The human becomes bigoted against what is within.
Discrimination is what constructs self and excludes what is undesirable.
It should work that way but often humans tend to embrace the undesirable. And i mean the undesirable to them not society

But you aren't preaching an end to discrimination, no matter how it soothes you to think that you are, you are preaching an end to a certain kind of it and the promotion of another.
You wish to exclude a certain type of thought and of man and so this is you displaying your preferred discrimination.

The difference is over what you would like to identify with.

Ummm, correct me if you feel the need, I said bigotry that is about hate and fear of differences,, not discrimmination,,, check back, I said the end of discrimination cannot occur. bigotry used in the context that I put it in can occur.

Quote
Your post is similar to what I have known for a long time.

Becoming and process and multiplicity

The general human hides or despises a part of what they are. We have multiple processes within that are becoming. They share a common energy and that is what is called the self.
We hide or deny some processes. The body causes brain energy to fire or react thus our personality. When it fires in an abnormal way we get abnormalities. People get abnormal traits.

Abnormal is also called mutation.

You wish to eugenically exclude certain human mutations and nurture others.
This is YOUR bigotry.
It is motivated by no less self-serving, comforting, ideals, as the racist's or the sexist's, as you understand these socially undesirable terms.


Jump to conclusions did we??? Where did I say that? I would want to eliminate myself if that were true. And no i do not wish that I rather like my mutations. Mutations are undesirable to the masses because of bigotry and lack of understanding. Not once did I even imply that i wish to remove them. Quite the contrary they are needed to keep the core human species evolving and survive.
Quote
One may be an overachieving genius that helps the world, another might be a master criminal or one might be a drooling idiot. Then there are so many others.

Like the overachieving genius that does not care for helping the world or the master criminal who does or the drooling idiot that finds morality mysteriously attractive?
Yep

Quote
Normal homogenous humans are programmed to veer away from abnormal, the over achieving genius will be despised through jealousy. The criminal will be despised through fear; the drooling idiot will be despised through pity. The human despises the genetic traits within that hint of abnormal. All of this is bigotry, not discrimination.

Discrimination, dear woman, is the act of judging good from bad, as in good for me, bad for me, or up to my ideals and not up to my ideals.

When I choose one bottle of wine over another I am discriminating - as in discriminating based on taste, perhaps due to a more refined, sensitive palate.

The mindless dolt cannot taste any difference and so accepts any swill. He just wants to get drunk or numb and cares little about the nuances in the taste, the history the workmanship involved. He may even be threatened by the idea that he cannot tell any difference where another can.
He may try to correct this anxiety by attacking the other as being a pompous prig.
I agreed with that, you just put it in different terms.

Quote
Our multiple processes are becoming, yes. Can one process be proceeding if it is hidden and misunderstood? The affect on the other processes would be stunted as well. If as a young person criminality is shown, and then repressed by punishment. This will cause a block would it not? If it is blocked then at some point it must become unblocked. Pressure cooker or dam comes to mind. It will affect the multiplicity within.

Yes, and a man, told that some aspects of his nature as evil or socially undesirable, will suffer the same pressures.
As it will a woman

Quote
Ok so, any being that exists is proceeding or going back towards entropy.
What if its one process being affected by another process with in one being? If we are multiple then as you say we reflect nature which I agree with, then nature would quite possibly have a being that has gone further in processes to multiplicity.
And?
And that one takes a bit more thought and time for me to fully answer.

Quote
Energy has levels, phase, waves etc. As all is a process and all are becoming, from the tiniest atom to the largest planet, then energy patterns, types of energy or equivalent to bandwidth. All are part of a part of which there is a part to the whole which is becoming. The energy within us is part of processes which are separated and yet one. No reason, no objective other than becoming.

Becoming is the process of ceasing to be uniform.
One being an absurd projection of this ideal.
It is entropy in practice.
I agree to a point, each process within the self would have its own uniformity


Quote
Here is it though, becoming has direction as you pointed out; one is consciousness the other entropy. Even honest Nihilism as you put it hinders learning, questioning processing and discrimination. It is an end. Realization of a situation is stopping is it not?
What process can withstand realization of the goal? If you know the goal, then you do not need the goal in thought.
I don’t know if I am making this clear, we shall see.
Huh?
Does that answer your question?
It sounds like you just let yourself go to word-association.
Sorry,, Once you realize or desire an outcome or goal it hinders process or twists it

The only thing I understood was:

Quote
What process can withstand realization of the goal?
Why, existence itself, my dear - reality, if you will.
The goal is man made.
Existence denies its attainment, except through deluding the mind using many devices.


Even if it is man made it is still a part of the process is it not? Reality for the self needs that part of the process. Existence denies attainment but, even so, denying man made goals denies the processes. The physical and the mental must work together at many junctures in the process.

God did it? The bastard! I hate snow, even more,, I hate snow and ice covered roads with with people on them that have never experienced such....That particular God has such a twisted sense of humor .
I am working on your last post and the answer to the above Sorry, for the delays
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:11 am

kriswest wrote:


Ummm, correct me if you feel the need, I said bigotry that is about hate and fear of differences,, not discrimmination,,, check back, I said the end of discrimination cannot occur. bigotry used in the context that I put it in can occur.
Fear is the natural reaction to otherness.
Difference is a universal norm.
So, there is always an anxiety and a competition between two alien entities, no matter how alike or habituated with one another, they are.

Quote :
Jump to conclusions did we??? Where did I say that? I would want to eliminate myself if that were true. And no i do not wish that I rather like my mutations. Mutations are undesirable to the masses because of bigotry and lack of understanding. Not once did I even imply that i wish to remove them. Quite the contrary they are needed to keep the core human species evolving and survive.
Then you are not aware that when you wish for uniformity, equality, an end to discrimination, an end to suffering, unity, you are wishing for your own obsolescence, whether you are aware of this or not.

Nihilism isn't always conscious.
Know Thyself.


Quote :
Yes, and a man, told that some aspects of his nature as evil or socially undesirable, will suffer the same pressures.
As it will a woman
Yes...and isn't feminism doing just that?


Quote :
I agree to a point, each process within the self would have its own uniformity
The self struggles against its self, constantly and drives change just like everything else....no uniformity.
The self is dynamic.

Quote :
Sorry,, Once you realize or desire an outcome or goal it hinders process or twists it
You never actually realize anything because the ideal never resembles the actual.We dream of soemthing and then when we attain it we realize it wasn't as we dreamt it and it certainly doesn't remain unchanging.


Quote :
Even if it is man made it is still a part of the process is it not?
Yes. A model. A symbol of the process.
just like a picture is temporal but it symbolizes frozen time.

It is the picture itself, that changes, warping the image depicted, the image itself is a representation of what has been and never will be and so it is a partial representation of reality, which is not static but dynamic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 am

Satyr wrote:

Fear is the natural reaction to otherness.
Difference is a universal norm.
So, there is always an anxiety and a competition between two alien entities, no matter how alike or habituated with one another, they are.
Yes I know, this we are very much animals in a kill or be killed world. This world raised us to be that way. It raised all creatures here to be that way.
The universe holds many planets, any life on them may or may not be the same , probably is but, not necessarily so. Creatures could given enough time evolve past such primal needs. We possibly never will. This world is violent to its core. Given time,, lots of time, there is the probablity such primal natures will no longer be used or needed.




Then you are not aware that when you wish for uniformity, equality, an end to discrimination, an end to suffering, unity, you are wishing for your own obsolescence, whether you are aware of this or not.

Nihilism isn't always conscious.
Know Thyself.

Really seriously I just would like to see hate and fear over really stupid differences to end. I don't even wish for it,,its pointless to wish for something that will not happen in your lifetime or your kids life time. Thats it.

I do not wish uniformity, an end to suffering, unity ,equality , We need some but, not all to be so. We do need suffering, we do need some sort of unity for certain things others it would create more harm then good, Uniformity is vary rarely good, it causes stagnation 99% of the time because once you are uniformed it is very very hard to get out of it. To have only positive or what folks think of as positive creates stagnation. I sure and the heck do not wish that.
Equality will never happen, there is no such crittur.
We do at this point need the herd of humans to be followers that they are. The ones that have been cut from the herd needs the herd. And will for a long time.





Yes...and isn't feminism doing just that?
Any major movement or change does it




The self struggles against its self, constantly and drives change just like everything else....no uniformity.
The self is dynamic.
hmm, i see I need to sit down and do some typing, I did not explain it fully,, Oy, this is a get back to response. I will have to do a document and then paste it here, it might take a few days.


You never actually realize anything because the ideal never resembles the actual.We dream of soemthing and then when we attain it we realize it wasn't as we dreamt it and it certainly doesn't remain unchanging.
Ok,, realize bad choice, how about desire or think you know what you want? Because what you said is just a different view of what I meant/Yes. A model. A symbol of the process.
just like a picture is temporal but it symbolizes frozen time.

It is the picture itself, that changes, warping the image depicted, the image itself is a representation of what has been and never will be and so it is a partial representation of reality, which is not static but dynamic.

Yes , I understand this. What I am trying to grasp is how you resolve control or not control as it pertains to self. On one hand I read to allow anything(emotions people etc..) to control the self is not good, but the other hand I read that it says ;that dynamic reality controls the self and so it is futile to attempt control of any thing......

both positions are easily resolved in my head to coincide together , but,,, it probably won't be what you intend or mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 am

kriswest wrote:

Really seriously I just would like to see hate and fear over really stupid differences to end. I don't even wish for it,,its pointless to wish for something that will not happen in your lifetime or your kids life time. Thats it.
I just need to win $500, 000 ...that it!!!

Quote :
I do not wish uniformity, an end to suffering, unity ,equality , We need some but, not all to be so. We do need suffering, we do need some sort of unity for certain things others it would create more harm then good, Uniformity is vary rarely good, it causes stagnation 99% of the time because once you are uniformed it is very very hard to get out of it. To have only positive or what folks think of as positive creates stagnation. I sure and the heck do not wish that.
Equality will never happen, there is no such crittur.
We do at this point need the herd of humans to be followers that they are. The ones that have been cut from the herd needs the herd. And will for a long time.
Need is suffering and need is life.
There's no choice about it.
You live...you need/suffer.

Overcoming need demands strength...it increases yuor tolerance of suffering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:22 am

Quote :
The self struggles against its self, constantly and drives change just like everything else....no uniformity.
The self is dynamic.
Uniformity i think is being used in two ways here yours and mine. when I say uniformity, I mean core or base. Water is water no matter what is added to it, or what state it is in.. Remove the hydrogen or the Oxygen and then it is not.

Water changes it's states or composition, but, it will always be water. It is similar for the self processes

We each have masks or parts that process and proceed events affect those. I am not sure of the words but,, its like how you present yourself to your employer will not be the same as what you present to those who know you best and you can relax with. and then there is how you present yourself to parents or those that you have great respect for..

The presentations change each is its own process. What affects each emotion changes throughout its process. Multiplicity. A dynamic force that is not one whole.


Quote :
Need is suffering and need is life.
There's no choice about it.
You live...you need/suffer.

Overcoming need demands strength...it increases yuor tolerance of suffering.

True. There are those that revel in suffering. they need it. Then they need to believe all are reveling in it and yet the all are denying it. Much like one of the folks we have aquaintence with. Nihilistic? Fearful ,, weak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:01 am

kriswest wrote:
True. There are those that revel in suffering. they need it. Then they need to believe all are reveling in it and yet the all are denying it. Much like one of the folks we have aquaintence with. Nihilistic? Fearful ,, weak?
And now that I've had my fill of him, exposed him for what he is, discovered that nothing lies behind the opinion he proposes but a weak mind trying to avenge itself against those that it cannot be like, finding justification in that he is part of a majority of nihilistic despair - the natural consequence of any awakening to the world - and then reveling in the hatred towards what he cannot deal with, I have no more use for him.

He's in his twenties, after all, and from the sound of him, not all there.
I think he just got a kick out of me giving him attention and pretending he is my equal or my better.
It was his Will to Power.
A very weak will. A very self-contradicting will.
His actions contradicted his positions, and he tried to find hypocrisy in others because he sensed it in himself.
For instance his positions on what power is to be used for or how he saw it only in reference to another, as in controlling others, were also based on his inability to comprehend what actual power really is.

A dimwit buried in its own stupidity.

See, with him the assumption is made that one that can tolerate reality is either self-medicating himself, like the vast majority, using drugs, religion, ideals, or he is lying.

He, being of course the ideal, in this case.

He cannot fathom anyone accepting life as suffering because he cannot. He is disappointed with reality and the self that makes the awarenes of it possible, but he cannot bring himself to swallow the religious bull, even if he has accepted parts of Buddhism.
He then, taking himself as an example, and never having had no contact with anyone that does not belong to the herd, running from reality in a panic into all sorts of self-annihilating ideas and ideals, concludes that all is uniform and so he escapes the shame in being too weak to accept reality and too afraid to end the consciousness that makes his awareness of it possible.

He interprets everything in absolutist terms, as all retarded intellects do, and so finding no omnipotence assumes that all are equally weak.
There is no gradation there.
It is either/or.

This is a nice device because since all are weak, his own weakness gets lost in the uniformity.

The Buddhists use the term "empty" and their denial of life takes on the form of an illusion.
Of course, like all religious minds they cannot explain why the senses evolve at all, if they are only meant to fool us, or why multiplicity exists, even as an illusion, if all is uniformly empty. There is no necessity, unless one accepts the implication of an external will, that is meant to test us so as to allow us back into the core, which there was no reason to distance ourselves from, to begin with.

Why find a way to earn eternal bliss by not being born when you need not be born in the first place?

The underlying need there is for that "Why?".

I say the answer to that is our task, our responsibility, our creation.
This is what an ideal represents.

Strength is a measurment of tolerance to existence and that is why it is no less ephemeral than anything else. In fact without weakness and need/suffering there is no necessity to life and to consciousness, since both are products of a reaction to this.

So, identity is just that.
If some wish to obliterate it because they feel insecure or wronged by their own inherited strength or if they wish to avenge themselves against the universe for their plight, choosing to waste what time they have in justifying themselves to others and trying to excuse themselves instead of trying to better themselves, then they are free to do so.

But the debate style of simply declaring and then just continuously insisting is about as effective as a child declaring a monster lives under its bed and then simply nagging and insisting and annoying the others with continuously repeating their own delusions and fantasies and reactions to the dark.

At that point wasting you time on them would be foolish.
This why him and his buddy, if they are not one and the same, will be ignored by me.

They win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:12 am

I only wonder why just tolerate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 am

And I wander.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:26 am

Yes, you do Smile

Toleration/intoleration, acceptance /nonacceptance, create walls, walls have weaknesses and will be breached generally to the pain of its creator.
If it is made a part of the process then it seems to me that it would strengthen or at least not hinder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:49 am

kriswest wrote:
Yes, you do Smile

Toleration/intoleration, acceptance /nonacceptance, create walls, walls have weaknesses and will be breached generally to the pain of its creator.
If it is made a part of the process then it seems to me that it would strengthen or at least not hinder.
And so even a cell's membrane will be breached by disease.

Those that consider such walls detrimental to their well being are mostly those that have little self-esteem and so feel that they gain more than they lose from their assimilation within otherness.
That is self-annihilation through absorption.

The one that truly loves himself, all that he is and could ever be, and wishes to protect this from outside influences and defend it against assimilation and absorption, builds stronger walls, is content in his solitude and is selective as to whom he lets in.

This is the difference between masculine and feminine psychological dispositions.
God can only be murdered by another man.
A woman only wishes to belong to Him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:28 am

There is no god. If such a thing exists then it is merely a more evolved being.

It truly depends upon why the wall is erected and the personality wether it is a detriment or helpful.

Assimilation, well now that also depends upon the person and the reason, Gender not withstanding. You can do the assimilation or you can be assimilated. Both Genders are vunerable.

To keep safe behind walls and permit only discriminated things in, can lead to stagnation. It often does. Example: the person mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:40 am

kriswest wrote:
There is no god. If such a thing exists then it is merely a more evolved being.
metaphor, babes, metaphor.

For most there is a god. He represents this ideal, macho, masculine entity.
One reason why women are more attracted to religion.

Quote :
It truly depends upon why the wall is erected and the personality wether it is a detriment or helpful.

Assimilation, well now that also depends upon the person and the reason, Gender not withstanding. You can do the assimilation or you can be assimilated. Both Genders are vunerable.
But surrendering to assimilation is a feminine trait.
A male would view it as a defeat.

Quote :
To keep safe behind walls and permit only discriminated things in, can lead to stagnation. It often does. Example: the person mentioned before.
no, because once more you are thinking in absolute terms.

I said discriminating, not choosing what does not challenge you.
Allowing an imbecile in may, for you, result in progress, for me it is a waste of time. I will gain nothing from it but frustration.

Being selective does not lead to stagnation.
You, as a biological entity, are selective.

Do you eat dirt?
Do you drink urine?
Do you not defend agaisnt viruses?
Is not your skin a wall, a barrier?
Do you fuck donkeys?

Wake, the fuck, up!!!!

That I choose to be more selective than you, is because I am more discriminating than you.
Discrimination, despite what the popular culture now teaches, is a product of taste/awareness/consciousness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:11 am

Satyr wrote:


Quote :
For most there is a god. He represents this ideal, macho, masculine entity.
One reason why women are more attracted to religion.
Someone that bossy is a direct turn off to me,, must be due to the way I was raised


Quote :
But surrendering to assimilation is a feminine trait.
A male would view it as a defeat.
Some males would not even most would, Society today is not the society of yesteryear.
There is accepting the inevitable, then there is surrender, then there is grattitude for assimilation. Most will fall into the gratitude, males and females alike prefer the path of least resistance. Being part of the herd gives just that.



no, because once more you are thinking in absolute terms.

I said discriminating, not choosing what does not challenge you.
Allowing an imbecile in may, for you, result in progress, for me it is a waste of time. I will gain nothing from it but frustration.

Being selective does not lead to stagnation.
You, as a biological entity, are selective.

Do you eat dirt?
Do you drink urine?
Do you not defend agaisnt viruses?
Is not your skin a wall, a barrier?
Do you fuck donkeys?

Wake, the fuck, up!!!!

That I choose to be more selective than you, is because I am more discriminating than you.
Discrimination, despite what the popular culture now teaches, is a product of taste/awareness/consciousness.

What makes you think that i am not as selective ? There are many ways to see and view things. My needs will not be yours, You cannot possibly understand the scope of mine anymore then I can yours. Two different cultures, two different personalities, Two different sets of ways. If I accept yours then it would not be me, It would make me a piss poor image of you.

What I meant was that only allowing a limited selection in and never trying something new, leads to stagnation. Like reading only Westerns written by one Author. Most folks do just that, Men and women. Religion is just that, politics is just that. A stilted view of reality and a stagnant one that will cave in on itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:42 pm

kriswest wrote:
Satyr wrote:


Quote :
For most there is a god. He represents this ideal, macho, masculine entity.
One reason why women are more attracted to religion.
Someone that bossy is a direct turn off to me,, must be due to the way I was raised


Quote :
But surrendering to assimilation is a feminine trait.
A male would view it as a defeat.
Some males would not even most would, Society today is not the society of yesteryear.
There is accepting the inevitable, then there is surrender, then there is grattitude for assimilation. Most will fall into the gratitude, males and females alike prefer the path of least resistance. Being part of the herd gives just that.



no, because once more you are thinking in absolute terms.

I said discriminating, not choosing what does not challenge you.
Allowing an imbecile in may, for you, result in progress, for me it is a waste of time. I will gain nothing from it but frustration.

Being selective does not lead to stagnation.
You, as a biological entity, are selective.

Do you eat dirt?
Do you drink urine?
Do you not defend agaisnt viruses?
Is not your skin a wall, a barrier?
Do you fuck donkeys?

Wake, the fuck, up!!!!

That I choose to be more selective than you, is because I am more discriminating than you.
Discrimination, despite what the popular culture now teaches, is a product of taste/awareness/consciousness.

What makes you think that i am not as selective ? There are many ways to see and view things. My needs will not be yours, You cannot possibly understand the scope of mine anymore then I can yours. Two different cultures, two different personalities, Two different sets of ways. If I accept yours then it would not be me, It would make me a piss poor image of you.

What I meant was that only allowing a limited selection in and never trying something new, leads to stagnation. Like reading only Westerns written by one Author. Most folks do just that, Men and women. Religion is just that, politics is just that. A stilted view of reality and a stagnant one that will cave in on itself.
My dear, a selection entails a limitation.

Did i say you were not selective?
I said that selectivity depends on the sensitivity of the selecting one.

Does anything I write register with you?
If I only see black and white then my selection is not as discriminating as when I see colors.
My choices are determined by my awareness.

If you are brought up in a culture where this awareness is repressed or you are taught that it is wrong, within certain contexts, then your choices are limited along with your perceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Satyr wrote:
kriswest wrote:
Satyr wrote:


Quote :
For most there is a god. He represents this ideal, macho, masculine entity.
One reason why women are more attracted to religion.
Someone that bossy is a direct turn off to me,, must be due to the way I was raised


Quote :
But surrendering to assimilation is a feminine trait.
A male would view it as a defeat.
Some males would not even most would, Society today is not the society of yesteryear.
There is accepting the inevitable, then there is surrender, then there is grattitude for assimilation. Most will fall into the gratitude, males and females alike prefer the path of least resistance. Being part of the herd gives just that.



no, because once more you are thinking in absolute terms.

I said discriminating, not choosing what does not challenge you.
Allowing an imbecile in may, for you, result in progress, for me it is a waste of time. I will gain nothing from it but frustration.

Being selective does not lead to stagnation.
You, as a biological entity, are selective.

Do you eat dirt?
Do you drink urine?
Do you not defend agaisnt viruses?
Is not your skin a wall, a barrier?
Do you fuck donkeys?

Wake, the fuck, up!!!!

That I choose to be more selective than you, is because I am more discriminating than you.
Discrimination, despite what the popular culture now teaches, is a product of taste/awareness/consciousness.

What makes you think that i am not as selective ? There are many ways to see and view things. My needs will not be yours, You cannot possibly understand the scope of mine anymore then I can yours. Two different cultures, two different personalities, Two different sets of ways. If I accept yours then it would not be me, It would make me a piss poor image of you.

What I meant was that only allowing a limited selection in and never trying something new, leads to stagnation. Like reading only Westerns written by one Author. Most folks do just that, Men and women. Religion is just that, politics is just that. A stilted view of reality and a stagnant one that will cave in on itself.
My dear, a selection entails a limitation.

Did i say you were not selective?
I said that selectivity depends on the sensitivity of the selecting one.

Does anything I write register with you?
If I only see black and white then my selection is not as discriminating as when I see colors.
My choices are determined by my awareness.

If you are brought up in a culture where this awareness is repressed or you are taught that it is wrong, within certain contexts, then your choices are limited along with your perceptions.


And how pray does one elevate oneself? From this limited perception? Oh do tell us the universal measure that we may all stand next to. Oh please, dear teacher alieviate us from this COLOUR BLINDNESS! Oh!! THAT I WERE NOT A MAN OR A DOG AND THUS SUFFERING THIS AFFLICTION.......,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Reality, my insignificant pupil, the world.
I have no other standard but this.

You can measure your opinions against your fantasies...like 'rights'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Continuation   Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:56 am

Satyr wrote:

My dear, a selection entails a limitation.

Did i say you were not selective?
I said that selectivity depends on the sensitivity of the selecting one.

Does anything I write register with you?
If I only see black and white then my selection is not as discriminating as when I see colors.
My choices are determined by my awareness.

If you are brought up in a culture where this awareness is repressed or you are taught that it is wrong, within certain contexts, then your choices are limited along with your perceptions.

It does register, very much so, I am learning but ,why must it register the way you think it should??? You argue quite well for the black and white and then color,,,, this application applies in many other areas. My perceptions will apply what you say in its own way. What I say is percieved by you not in the way I intend but in the way you can fit it in. We differ, you tell me things that I already know but, I can see it colored from your perspectives, this gives it new light so to speak. How I see the world is from my expereinces in life the vast amounts of books i have read and from those around me and because of my gender.
I understand what you say perhaps not how you intend but then how could I?? We do not speak of mundane ideas,, Such as will the next idiot that takes office actually tell the truth. We speak of opinions, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, knowledge, understanding of the universe. Our language and how we have been rasied creates some barriers. You can't seriously believe that a deconstruction of barriers will fall down after a few posts do you? No, I think you just maybe frustrated with those around you in these forums, that would cause a major loss of patience. I am probably wrong but,, that is just what I see from my view and having seen what goes on.

I will be back in a week,, May your New Year bring you a wonderful time to make you smile and laugh hard and long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Continuation   

Back to top Go down
 
Continuation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Immortals – A Continuation of Myths and Legends
» A continuation of the first dream? I dreamt it this morning..
» The Iraqi government expects the continuation of the meeting of 5 +1 until tomorrow
» Kurdistan and Iraq agree to prevent the continuation of a policy of "exclusivity" power 28/05/2012 19:27
» Chest: the continuation of the demonstrations means that there is real hope of reforms and the government protect the rebels

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Religiosity-
Jump to: