AuthorMessage
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: 2012 The end of life on earth   Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:54 am

Have a look at this televisual scripted piece, do you have any thoughts on the linking of various prophetic individuals throughout history to a year for the demise of humanity. Coincidence or manipulation, I will save my thought for now, or perhaps for ever if no one is interested in the subject matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:20 am

Can't watch youtube i have dialup.

From what I understand its all based on an ancient Incan or Aztec calender ending. From my perspective that just means an end to a cycle not an end to earth or life. Some people just love to be dramatic though so they see it as something totally horrendous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

kriswest wrote:
Can't watch youtube i have dialup.

From what I understand its all based on an ancient Incan or Aztec calender ending. From my perspective that just means an end to a cycle not an end to earth or life. Some people just love to be dramatic though so they see it as something totally horrendous.

KW thanks for the reply, I see it your way, but sadly no believers have raised their heads to reply.........dead thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:46 am

Believers rarely rarely risk their belief in discussion or debate. They know that belief can be picked apart. Belief is like an inflatable life jacket let one hole happen to it and it soon deflates to a useless heavy thing around your neck as you try to stay afloat.

The ending of a cycle at 2012 could cause severe issues,, the start of a new ice age,, meteorites, severe weather pattern disruptions Volcanoes earthquakes ,,etc..

We know the weather patterns are changing they could be the beginning of a new cycle starting up. All nature has rythms and cycles. The ancient ones were more in tune with nature then we are. They could have had knowledge we no longer possess.

the question you may want to see is if it matches Other religious prophecies. Religions tend to like to predict the future. Especially the oldest ones. You could have some interesting research if you do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:47 pm

kriswest wrote:

the question you may want to see is if it matches Other religious prophecies. Religions tend to like to predict the future. Especially the oldest ones. You could have some interesting research if you do that.

KW the doco that you can not access does go on to qualify their position using the doomsday prophesies that abound throughout history but the 2012 date that is the basis of their prognostication seems to have no other support other than a general world will end scenario. I personally do not believe in the metaphysical or in fact anything that rails against the laws of physics. My take on any etherial power is that if it was true the military would expend all resourses to attain it for the obvious advantage it would bring them, and they have expended time, energy, and resourses to study these phoenomenon and the result was zilch, nothing, nada, zip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUNLIGHT
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 am

the bible is very clear that the end will be by fire, bith malachi and peter make that clear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUNLIGHT
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

well 2012 has gone and we are still here now they have to look for some other forthcoming event to pin the label on ...perhaps an incoming meator or alien invasions , anything that will make a film or video or a book that will bring in the dollars just think back to all the films and videos and books that were written about the so called mayan prohecy about the end of the world in dec 2012 .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 The end of life on earth   

Back to top Go down

2012 The end of life on earth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1