View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
MM,

Does the tribe have a 'shaman' or active-thinker? Do they have a "medicine man"?

There has been questions about translating my observed behavior among the San Bushmen family group as a perfectly preserved representation of the Stone Age era in general. I have been accused of making too many suppositions.

I disagree. Nothing has changed. The Bushman group I observed 40 years ago, could have been just the same if I had observed it 40,000 years ago. If our technology crashed tomorrow, sending us all back to the bush, human culture would revert to the identical Stone Age structure and behavior found among the Bushmen.

Survival existences in the wild are constant. If there is flint stone or obsidian available it will be used. If not, then bone, horn and fire-hardened wood becomes the tool and weapon head.
Men will hunt and trap. Women will gather. Those are constants.

In the central desert neighboring families rarely merge together for more than a few days. Each family group -averaging between a dozen and two dozen - is essentially autonomous. Each has its own hunting and gathering territory. The 2000 families that existed in the central desert at the time I was there, have no established tribal system. No more than two families ever gather in one place. And then only when an extremely large animal is killed (like giraffe or eland or buffalo) This may happen once during a year.

Hunting and gathering is a marginal existence. The group is eternally on the very edge of starvation. The entire day, every day, without break, is invested in searching for and preparing food; repairing and making tools and weapons. There is no time for extended periods of relaxation and socialization. Thus there is no need for tribal totems; chiefs; laws; and shamans to interceded between the living and the dead. We are looking at basic existence. It is plain and simple family group life, held together by the basic needs of mutual company and protection - cemented by the family ethic of sharing and caring.

Quote :
Who is the alpha male (patriarch) of the group and how does he interact with the alpha female (matriarch)?

There is no alpha male. The luck of the hunt fluctuates. usually all males share some degree of honor in the kill. Mostly the males return to camp empty-handed. Women supply the bulk of the daily diet. They carry the heaviest load. They supply the off-spring. They never leave the home territory. Males always migrate. All paleolithic figurines are of MA the Mother Goddess.

PA the Father God arrived in the Bronze Age - 99,000 generations later.

Stone Age male supplied the inventive technology. They invented and devised the traps, snares, bows, arrows, spears, skinning knives, axes and the like. They built the temporary shelters and bowers as they moved camps every week or two about their territory. They made the fires. Brewed the poisons. It is here in this vast period of Stone Age hunting and gathering that the basic engineering and mathematical genius of mankind was laid and imprinted in our genes - learning torque, tension, trajectory, arts and crafts.

It is here in those 99,000 generations of family group cooperation that out basic family values were firmly established The same values that are shared by every single culture on this planet. Every one of the cultural differences that have since separated us - language religious, politics, economy, - happened only over the last !% of our period of evolution. Thus any question that we can never unite as a single global culture, begs the meaning of our common base of family values.

Quote :
What do they talk about? What is their relationship (is it sexual)? How does their language & conversation work?

Conversation is limited to the mundane needs of existence. Children are warned to be aware of trespass. They grow up intuitively aware of the laws of cause and effect - with trespass punished by some form of pain. Nothing is regarded as accidental. They remain deeply superstitious throughout life. Thus each member grows up profoundly self-policed. Nature is experienced as a surrounding consciousness. They do not see life in any form as having no feelings. They tread the ground warily, respecting all life and giving homage to nature when it is sacrificed for their own needs. Without Her feeding them, they know they are dead meat. They are romantic. They have music, song and dance, make crude jewelry and paint, Young men woo maidens. They make a miniature Cupid bows and arrows, sneak up behind their fancy and shoot a needle into her buttocks. If she is not resentful, the mate is found.

Last edited by MagnetMan on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
They make a miniature Cupid bows and arrows, sneak up behind their fancy and shoot a needle into her buttocks. If she is not resentful, the mate is found.
Very, very interesting...

Based on my linguistic theories MM, I can track the pregression and progression of certain logic(s) by observing speech patterns.

Therefore, will you please tell me, based on your observations, in great detail, the verbal & extended relationship between the oldest male of the tribe and the oldest female of the tribe? What did they represent? Were they largely-segregated and disconnected from one-another? Were they married? Were they inherent & natural teachers to males and females, respectively-speaking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Sonofgloin wrote:
U from the early 19th century as philosophy and enlightenment accelerated by literacy became the vocation of the free thinker, Ich und Du was identified as the point of reference from which to study interpersonal actions and reactions. Quite right too. But I have doubts as to whether you can attribute love to the Sie bin ich,Ich bin sie outcome. Love is chemically driven and the conscious has no domain there. So the selflessness that love imparts is not a conscious act, not an act of free will and therfore not the ultimate example of selflessness.....just a thought, what do you think?
I think that you are incorrect where I highlighted.

Every particular human animal is conscious to different levels of degree.

Some are hyper-sensitive to stimuli; as it were. This creates a confusion between what is conscious & sub-conscious.

Incorrect, perhaps but there are no empiracles on the subject as yet. My observation is related to the flight or flight reflex where adrenalin is the instigator of the action. Love at first sight for want of a better description is a chemically driven emotion and hence the application of selflessness is not an outcome of free will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Sonofgloin wrote:
Incorrect, perhaps but there are no empiracles on the subject as yet. My observation is related to the flight or flight reflex where adrenalin is the instigator of the action. Love at first sight for want of a better description is a chemically driven emotion and hence the conscious application of selflessness is not an outcome of free will.
Well I entirely-disagree and I do not really-care to argue about this with you ... hugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Sonofgloin wrote:
Incorrect, perhaps but there are no empiracles on the subject as yet. My observation is related to the flight or flight reflex where adrenalin is the instigator of the action. Love at first sight for want of a better description is a chemically driven emotion and hence the conscious application of selflessness is not an outcome of free will.
Well I entirely-disagree and I do not really-care to argue about this with you ... hugs.

It is a free forum do as you wish your input will be missed though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
MagnetMan wrote:
They make a miniature Cupid bows and arrows, sneak up behind their fancy and shoot a needle into her buttocks. If she is not resentful, the mate is found.
Very, very interesting...

Based on my linguistic theories MM, I can track the pregression and progression of certain logic(s) by observing speech patterns.

Therefore, will you please tell me, based on your observations, in great detail, the verbal & extended relationship between the oldest male of the tribe and the oldest female of the tribe? What did they represent? Were they largely-segregated and disconnected from one-another? Were they married? Were they inherent & natural teachers to males and females, respectively-speaking?

the San tongue is filled with click constants and very few have ever mastered them
I had no interpreter
my grasp of what was going on during their conversations
had to be made in context of what they were doing at the time.
You can be certain that no deep philosophical views were exchanged.
90% of the time it was basically to do with practicalities
There was some banter and laughter
but not much
I am sure some intimate words between sexes
especially during courting.
Discussions between elders was rare
Everybody knew what to do in any given chore
Each day was basically identical to the next
Eight year old's were treated like adults

One night
lying on the warm sand beside the oldest male
I pointed to a star
and mimed with my hands
How big?
How Far?
His answer:
Bigger than a giraffe
and perhaps a day's walk.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 pm

MM,

Will you please tell me more about the eldest male & female of the tribe insofar as their general purpose or social symbol?

Were they predominantly-teachers to the young?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
MM,

Will you please tell me more about the eldest male & female of the tribe insofar as their general purpose or social symbol?

Were they predominantly-teachers to the young?

It was my impression that the dominant female (if you can call it that in such a subtle social milieu)
was the eldest daughter. She had an infant. There was no suggestion of aggression between members, or need for it. Gentleness prevailed

By eight years old all the girls had mastered the survival needs. The boys by puberty, who there after wandered off. The oldest male seemed quite happy to let the mates (son's-in-law) of the daughters
take charge of the hunting. Occasionally he would stay in camp repairing weapons and show some of the younger boys a few tricks of the trade. He was also usually the fire-maker, and poison brewer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
Occasionally he would stay in camp repairing weapons and show some of the younger boys a few tricks of the trade. He was also usually the fire-maker, and poison brewer.
That is what I was looking for: an alchemist/scientist.

You called the dominant female the "eldest daughter" but I am curious to learn the role of the 'oldest' woman of the tribe.

What can you tell me about her MM?

I suppose to truly-know what I want about these people, then I would need a lingual translation which is nigh-impossible as you stated.

But there are ways around that according to some of my incomplete lingual theories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 am

Unreasonable wrote:
MagnetMan wrote:
Occasionally he would stay in camp repairing weapons and show some of the younger boys a few tricks of the trade. He was also usually the fire-maker, and poison brewer.
That is what I was looking for: an alchemist/scientist.

Arrow and dart poison-tips are certainly the beginning of our interest in chemistry.

Bushmen poison is brewed from the berries of a shrub.
Acokanthera
a genus of the plant family Apocynaceae used in Africa in the preparation of arrow poisons. Poisoned livestock show diarrhea, irregular heartbeat and sudden death. Contain cardiac glycosides. Includes A. longiflora, A. oblongifolia, A. oppositifolia, A. schimperi, A. spectabilis (A. oblongifolia), A. venenata (A. oppositifolia). Some species were formerly classified in Carissa spp.

Quote :
[You called the dominant female the "eldest daughter"
When there is no customary requirement for leadership, psychological dominance tends to rest on urgency of need. Females with infants feel the need to initiate action more than others.

Quote :
but I am curious to learn the role of the 'oldest' woman of the tribe.
What can you tell me about her MM?
Around the camp, preparing food or preparing for sleep. she certainly was the confident to each of her daughters. Mostly the sexes stuck to their own kind. Occupational divisions is probably the reason. Both talked their own shop.

Quote :
I suppose to truly-know what I want about these people, then I would need a lingual translation which is nigh-impossible as you stated.

But there are ways around that according to some of my incomplete lingual theories.

My visitation was nearly 40 years ago. Since then the Botswana Government decided that the Stone Age had to come to an end. The family groups were taken out of the desert and their children sent to school. There may be a few uncontaminated Bushman groups left in the fastness of the Central Desert.
It is my fond hope that this is so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Animism   Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 am

Animism: The belief that Nature has Soul

Earlier on I described how the group of woman and children foraging for food arrived at the edge of their hunting territory and how a combination of both knowledge and intuition stopped them from trespassing on their neighbors.

It is in this animal instinct of territorial integrity that I believe the subtle nature of the spiritual intuitions that gradually blossomed into formalized religions Belief can be explored. My understanding of prehistoric roots of animism have convinced me that Marx and all atheists in general are mistaken in their contention that religions are an artificial political invention

As I said earlier, there was a line in the sand, which the women could see and
I could not, beyond which it was taboo to trespass, because it marked the
beginning of the neighboring family group’s larder.

The basic social integrity that this Stone Age group exhibited by not crossing
that invisible line and taking selfish advantage of short-term expediency,
thereby preserving a long-term relationship of peaceful grace with
their relatives, made the subtle wisdom of survival logic very clear at that
moment. The women were responding to an unwritten code of specie interrelationships
that manifests in our consciousness as common decency.

That realization stirred atavistic memories. Could the fact that people in
general do not raid a neighbor’s pantry when they are not at home, be an
ethical force governing social behavior that has nothing to do with artificial
scriptural admonishments? The more I thought about it, the more
esoteric my thinking became. If that sense of unease when we trespass is
not simply an indoctrinated cultural imprint, how much deeper did it go
than animals instinctively not straying beyond their territorial boundaries?
Something more than mere survival logic seemed to be at work here. I
experienced an epiphany - concerning the integrity of all organized atomic
associations.

Organisms had to have some invisible charismatic force shielding them
from alien invasion, or they would lose their integrity, mutate and distort
into something not intended. Without that protective shield, beauty and
harmony of form on the physical plane would not prevail; misshapen ugliness
and chaos would be the norm. In the realm of metaphysics, without
that sense of non-trespass, ethical behavior would not prevail; betrayed
trust would impinge on and distort the emotions, and instead of peace, the
rage of revenge would cloud our consciousness.

Did this Stone Age group perhaps not merely rationalize, but also psychically
anticipate the pain they would cause, and therefore refrain from
trespassing? That concept transcended mere intellectual rationale; it made
sense only if the Universe was indeed governed by Soul and the ethic of
non-trespass.

For some reason the purity of that moment in the desert filled me with a strangely reassuring
sense of awe. I felt that I was almost in touch with some vast
Cosmic Over-Soul. Something or someone more transcendent than ego
guarded the ethical borders of social order. It set me to thinking about
quantum mechanics and the particle physicists’ choice of words when they
used “charm” and strangeness” and “beauty” while alluding to the attributes
of sub-atomic behavior; the Center of Consciousness had to lie in the
nucleus of the atom .

I wondered about the pangs of chagrin that we all feel at even the slightest
transgression on the common good, not only within ourselves, but also
when we are witnesses to the trespass of our neighbors. Something sacred
seems to be defiled and it bothers us deeply. From whence comes the burn
if we ignore subtle warnings when we cross the invisible line – and why is
the fire even fiercer when we are shamed out of hiding by others?

There was more: Take something seemingly as mundane as dropping a porcelain teacup.
The loss seems to be more than just material. A form, a creaytion that had taken time and energy to produce, was now gone, shattered by our carelessness. Had a life suddenly ended? Did we treasure fine things because they had "soul?"

There was even more: What about the foreboding sense of unease we sometimes
feel, long before a harmful trespass occurs? Was the Intuitive Self,
unlimited by analytical notions of time and space, able to warn us of “future”
events? Had we once possessed an active sense of future outcome,
a “hunch” of pending unease, and thereby hesitated and were forewarned
before taking a step that would cross the line?

Are we now too intellectually preoccupied and therefore too desensitized to “heed” the warning
before we actually trip and fall? Did we once have an active 6th sense? Was
it now deadened, and if so, why?

Atheists rationalize that guilt is an artificial feeling, imposed on the human
psyche by way of religious indoctrination. If so, what then, made
this hunter/gatherer group refuse to trespass, if not some sense of future
unease? There were no priests out there to minister to this Stone Age family,
no Holy Scriptures to threaten hell and damnation, no Congress to
pass laws, no police to enforce them. Yet here were humans, living every
day on the verge of starvation, resisting the temptation to trespass on their
neighbors and insisting that their children also obey, The Good. Who or
what first taught them that wisdom?

The intangible force guarding that invisible line in the sand held chaos at
bay. It manifested itself in practice by motivating sound social policy, out
here, far away in the desert, and it did not cost human government a single
red cent. By instinctively obeying the atomic code, a sense of ease and well being
was the payoff for the Bushmen. They had no sense of guilt; no sense of
foreboding, no feeling that luck would be against them in the hunt. No
need for guile. They were innocent, like children: Pure. The Stone Age
was not the brutal era we believed it was. Our ancestors were, in effect, all
God-conscious, and innately noble, once upon a time.

Because every force has an equal and opposite reaction, pain and disease
existed. There is a price to pay for crossing the line. Goodness eases it,
disease affirms it. So the balance between good and evil is maintained.
Basically, then, there should be no distinction between Church and State,
because something more universal than either keeps guard over order. At
heart we need neither institution. In fact, the officious nature of their existence
has deadened our psychic capabilities, stripped us of self-reliance
and made us lean on artificial policing. We live by an artificial code of
written laws, instead of trusting in the natural law of self-policed personal
integrity. Somewhere between the Stone Age and the Iron Age, we lost it.
How do we get it back?

If the atomic law of non-trespass is instinctively observed and parentally
encouraged, and not intellectually distorted by contrived social and spiritual
ideologies, there is no need for institutionalized religion or social supervision.
If we encourage a child, right from the start; before engaging
their psyche in artificial social arguments, to become superstitiously aware
of the indivisible and undeniable laws of Cause and Effect, they would
become self-policed for life. They would learn to rely on their own natural
base of common sense and moral integrity and not be so easily swayed by
superficial propaganda.

Nature is ever at hand to assist the parent in training a disobedient child.
Even a destructive thought is a potentially serious transgression. The pain
Nature inflicts is never an accident but always a reaction to trespassing,
proceeded by one or more subtle warnings, and the honey is always there
to forgive and to comfort. When a bump bruises, or a thorn pricks, a bone
breaks, or a snake bites; who or what is there to cry out against, but the
transgression of the self, because of the balance that must be maintained,
ere the universe collapses.

My conclusion was that Animism is an invisible charismatic force that
controls the ethical behavior of all atomic associations in the Cosmos. A
universal Spirit allows Nature to maintain social order; it sets a universal
ethical standard of non-trespass and reverence for orderliness that is
sustained by self-inflicted punishment whenever the force is denied. It is
the unspoken unwritten force we call God, and it cannot be summarily
dismissed as heathen nonsense….

Last edited by MagnetMan on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:23 am

god as a force? Not the one in all the religious texts correct? Because those Gods are considered entities with personalities. Not a force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of Human Consciousness   

Back to top Go down

The Evolution of Human Consciousness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2