Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 bullshit-free zone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: bullshit-free zone   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 am

this is a phrase i recently heard a friend of mine used. i like it.

this post serves a number of purposes, it is at once an introduction, hello, it is an account of myself, and it is also to see if i can bare to stick around another philosophy forum. because i've recently come to the conclusion that the vast majority of subjects which arise on these kind of boards are of complete irrelevance to me, and i'm also inclined to think that the subjects are of complete irrelevance to anyone. i'm not sure what i believe, i'm not even sure if i care to believe. when i first unburdened myself of my intellectual pretenses i felt a great weight lifted and i didn't want to know anything, believe anything, own anything, i wanted to be as a breeze, light and free, in fact that is what i still want!

i do believe a few things though, e.g. health! what we eat, and what excercise we get etc.
i've also recognised in myself some adolescent traits i.e. resentment, i think it's important to try not resent who you are or who other people are, they may have there flaws but as do i, i kind of feel that philosophy serves simply as a means of intellectualising this resentment, to distance oneself from others under some perverse form of intelligence.

religion is such a hot-bed of argument but i don't really care either way anymore, in the past my pretenses have led me down foreign roads i.e. atheism, but i no longer believe faith to be a beacon of ignorance. nor do i believe that reason is the virtuous high road. people will believe whatever they believe, in fact most people aren't too concerned about what they believe, and, so be it, no big deal.

hmmm, what do i seek here? i guess my time here will hopefully be spent in articulating my thoughts and ideas and to also rid myself of anymore bullshit pretenses lurking in the bottom of my belly. i see names here from ilp, i wonder how long it will be before i become as unsatiated here as i was there. maybe my time here will merely be the final death throes of my philsophical curiosity.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Greetings, may you find relevance on swift wings...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : Sodom
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 am

"when i first unburdened myself of my intellectual pretenses i felt a great weight lifted and i didn't want to know anything, believe anything, own anything, i wanted to be as a breeze, light and free, in fact that is what i still want!"

Welcome good friend, among us!!!

You are well on your way...

There is no feeling more beautiful than the achievement of Pyrrohnian Skepticism...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 83
Location : Maidan Nezalezhnosti
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 am

Ouroboros wrote:
i see names here from ilp, i wonder how long it will be before i become as unsatiated here as i was there. maybe my time here will merely be the final death throes of my philsophical curiosity.
Welcome. Don't worry, there is a general amnesty for ilp people.

Let's hope for the best, it's not out of the question that philosophy should die,

"Every great passion wills its own end."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
avatar

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 am

One thing I've come to realize after over four decades of being on this planet is that

I DON'T KNOW SHIT !

But then again, I know a lot about how things, in general, work like computers, networks, toilets, science, biology, psychology, etc.

ON A DEEP LEVEL, however, I can't say I know much. Perhaps, on a deep level the only thing I can ever conclude that I know is to know myself. How far have I gotten there? Well, with personal identity I have reached a level where I believe that I AM THAT I AM. That is, the essence of existence is what I am. By believing in this it resolves believing in "success" which is so prevalent in American society. "I" (I AM THAT I AM) do not have to be successful because, let's say, Barack Obama is successful and we, in essence, are one and the same so as long as at least one other person is successful then I AM too.

On the contrary, this works in the reverse order too. When someone is hurting or starving, I AM too.

But then I think it's all bullshit, this talk about I AM because I resolve myself to taking NO ACTION and yet rejoicing in the accomplishments and miseries of others while I sit back with my fat ass on a chair and feel hubris with an accomplished ego that has me believing in something that I am not.

I guess when there is no hope it is better to be dissillusioned than to FACE the reality of a life that will remain the same until I die.

Illusion works!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 am

SpeedOfSilence wrote:
But then I think it's all bullshit, this talk about I AM because I resolve myself to taking NO ACTION and yet rejoicing in the accomplishments and miseries of others while I sit back with my fat ass on a chair and feel hubris with an accomplished ego that has me believing in something that I am not.

I guess when there is no hope it is better to be dissillusioned than to FACE the reality of a life that will remain the same until I die.

Illusion works!

nonsense. your life is your own, if you wish to make a change then do so, if you're content with how it is then surely there's no need for the illusions. but, at least you've recognised the flaws in your thinking, you then move on right? create something new, something better...i'm not exactly sure if it's a method of creation but either way if you've abolished the bullshit then something new should come in its place. all this business about self, does it take up much of your time? is it really anything worth bothering about, the concept of self may in itself be an illusion, a phantom...
Back to top Go down
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
avatar

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Guest wrote:
SpeedOfSilence wrote:
But then I think it's all bullshit, this talk about I AM because I resolve myself to taking NO ACTION and yet rejoicing in the accomplishments and miseries of others while I sit back with my fat ass on a chair and feel hubris with an accomplished ego that has me believing in something that I am not.

I guess when there is no hope it is better to be dissillusioned than to FACE the reality of a life that will remain the same until I die.

Illusion works!

nonsense. your life is your own, if you wish to make a change then do so, if you're content with how it is then surely there's no need for the illusions. but, at least you've recognised the flaws in your thinking, you then move on right? create something new, something better...i'm not exactly sure if it's a method of creation but either way if you've abolished the bullshit then something new should come in its place. all this business about self, does it take up much of your time? is it really anything worth bothering about, the concept of self may in itself be an illusion, a phantom...

We live in a system of hierarchy. It is best to accept and rejoice my placement in life. Everybody cannot not be at the top of a system. That is not the way a hierarchal system works. It is as if you were the pedal in a bicycle. In order for the bicycle to be SOMETHING (you?) has to be the pedal. How can it work if the pedal wants to be the seat? You would have a system in conflict.

This is why I say it is best to accept one's position in life.

THus, there are two ways of being successful in life. Accepting one's place in the American system (i am a computer tech) and accepting one's socio-economic position. What is left is identity. Since I am poor (and I don't want to accept the stereotype of a lowly poor person) the best I can do is to place my identity higher than all other people. By believing that I AM THAT-- by having that knowledge I can safely be by anybody's side and KNOW that I rank higher than them. Dont' want to sound egoistic. But if you have that knowledge you know everybody who believes in an image of themselves are not accomplished in personal identity.

In personal identity i have excelled beyond all men.

It's good that everybody thinks I am a crackpot because I can live my life in peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 83
Location : Maidan Nezalezhnosti
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 pm

I hope Ouroboros has been demoted to Guest on his or her request or for some good reason...

- Ari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Taras wrote:
I hope Ouroboros has been demoted to Guest on his or her request or for some good reason...

- Ari
Unreasonable wrote:
Ouroboros asked to have his/her account deleted so I carried through as per requested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 83
Location : Maidan Nezalezhnosti
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Happy to hear, people taking responsibility for themselves...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I cannot help when people desire to delete/edit the words they create on this forum.

Ouroboros sounded as though he/she resented the idea of associating with a dissident philosophy forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Location : Sydney
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:17 am

Guest wrote:

i wonder how long it will be before i become as unsatiated here as i was there. maybe my time here will merely be the final death throes of my philsophical curiosity.

Hey Guest the unfulfilled, there's always Darwin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dannerz
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor


Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Guest wrote:
because i've recently come to the conclusion that the vast majority of subjects which arise on these kind of boards are of complete irrelevance to me, and i'm also inclined to think that the subjects are of complete irrelevance to anyone.

It's relavent, but it's so minor it's like flakes of dead skin cells, one at a time.
It's that way with all that we do and think of, each day.
It's like, we can only handle one piece of life at a time, mentally.
Philosophy forums are little bits and pieces of life, shared between people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:42 am

dannerz wrote:


It's relavent, but it's so minor it's like flakes of dead skin cells, one at a time.
It's that way with all that we do and think of, each day.
It's like, we can only handle one piece of life at a time, mentally.
Philosophy forums are little bits and pieces of life, shared between people.

a thoughtful response. Never had thought about it that way. Indeed, in a certain sense, these philosophy boards can be relevant to our lives, but it's not something utterly relevant, or very important, such as a job, a marriage or a literary prize. It's at least as 'relevant' as most things in our lives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: bullshit-free zone   

Back to top Go down
 
bullshit-free zone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» JUDGE OKs 100 MILES INSIDE BORDER A CONSTITUTION FREE ZONE....
» Italy willing to invest in the free zones On: Saturday 03/03/2012 19:52
» Turkey Calls For “Buffer Zone” In Syria As Military Seizes Territory Called For By Brookings, MSM
» Stable planets in the habitable zone of Gliese 581
» Free Astrolgy Chart

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Philosophy-
Jump to: