LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:27 am

why is this image illegal in the UK?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 am

Why? I don't think I can answer that question for you better than you can answer it for yourself.

Ostensibly "martyr images" are "supporting terrorists", and the Tamil Tigers are on the UK's list of terrorist organizations.

It was reported in Dining with terrorists - Divided Island on AlJazeera English, a synopsis of the series can be seen here,

http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/general/2009/02/20092565012929122.html

The documentary is in 4 parts on Youtube, part 1 is here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDeDEFtzAU

(I watched it on the telly, but if I had to guess, I'd say the bit about martyr images being illegal in the UK and having to being covered would be in part 2 or 3.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 pm

ah really? So The Man in the UK would consider this illegal? It's a pleasure to have viewed it Smile

The Man already prefers very much to leave me alone - I'm too clever cleaving his precedents and suggesting new ones vous savez Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Dako wrote:
தமிழழவிடுதலைப்புலிகள்

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tamil-tigers-and-hizbollah-banned-by-terrorism-act-693961.html

D, The exportation of propaganda from an inflamed minority to their supporters in a non combative nation is detremental to the social cohesion of that host nation. That is why inciteful propaganda is banned from transmission. All immigrants that have not integrated become a minority group in the host society and given that they were accepted into that society we can assume freedom of expression is generally practiced. and that freedom of speech allows them to air any view they wish on their subjugated relatives back home. But an information stream of material produced to incite rather than inform should be banned by the host nations government. Individuals in most instances have the means and the right to go back to their homeland and stand by their assailed brothers, most choose not to, they prefer to incite from a safe distance. Patriots from afar will always be that, they will come back when they are sure that their personal safety level is acceptable to them. This is a general comment on human nature and does not take into account good guy or bad guy scenarios.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK   

Back to top Go down

LTTE Martyrs: *WARNING* This image is illegal in the UK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1