View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Death   Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 am

Ever seen the dead body of someone you have known? Something (other than life itself) has gone.
When the hearts stops and the brains stops where, if anywhere, did the person that was 'go'?
Is who we are just the physical manifestation of firing synapses in the brain? Or is there more to it?

The body putrifies (the smell, the smell) but what happened to the thoughts that were generated when that body had life?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Death   Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 am

As you mentioned, yes, the animation of the body has fled from its lungs. The breath of life is gone. Where are the thoughts? Easy, they have already-been transformed from one body to another: "Memetic Transmutation". Think of a living entity as a jug of water. The ceramic material is Science. The water is Soul. Some jugs are empty. Some jugs are full of Knowledge. The latter pours into the former. And when the jug full of Knowledge becomes empty, then old age settles into the cracks and the jug breaks in due time. This is Death and the transference of one life to the next.

FYI, here is a little *SCIENTIFIC FACT* about our world ... water, like all other forms of matter, cannot be destroyed.

Energy congregates. Energy dissipates. Life goes on. Death remains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Death   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:02 pm

maryshelley wrote:
Ever seen the dead body of someone you have known?
Reality exposed.

No, I don't know this truth. Ash wouldn't count as a body; they must smell, but I wasn't close enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Death   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:06 pm

The smell lingers. It is not pleasant but it is part of life. In the west we are greatly divorced from the experience of death and that does not become us. This absence increases the fear of and reduces our respect for it; in my opinion.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Death   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 am

maryshelley wrote:
The smell lingers. It is not pleasant but it is part of life. In the west we are greatly divorced from the experience of death and that does not become us. This absence increases the fear of and reduces our respect for it; in my opinion.....
It is lovely that when a family member dies the state confiscates the body, and then requires it be done exactly this and that with it, and at a price. It was nice in the good ol' days when we could keep Mom at home, and bury her in our family yard out-back. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Advocatus Diaboli
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Death   Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:43 pm

No, but when confronted with scenes of death I've always had the exact opposite experience.

Go watch someone have his head cut off: listen to the gurgling as the blood fills his throat, watch his body convulse and his eyes dance around in desperate fear - for me there is no greater proof than death that we are physical beings and nothing beside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:32 am

Death is a sort of arrow, if not the door, to the whole dreadful thing, nothing, the horror, absurdity...

There are too me two best guesses about what is death,

1. Pain is the breaking of nerves. Death is ultimately the total dissolution of all the nerves, which is therefore total pain. Matter is this total and absolute agony for eternity.

2. Death is like watching with closed eyes in the dark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Death   Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:41 pm

maryshelley wrote:
Ever seen the dead body of someone you have known? Something (other than life itself) has gone.
When the hearts stops and the brains stops where, if anywhere, did the person that was 'go'?
Is who we are just the physical manifestation of firing synapses in the brain? Or is there more to it?

The body putrifies (the smell, the smell) but what happened to the thoughts that were generated when that body had life?

I saw the dead body of my uncle at his wake. It was a dead body. I lifted up his hand by the wrist and dropped it-- I could feel the weight. I also remember his eye lashes looking like they were embossed with crazy glue so as to keep his eyes closed. I turned his head and could see the train-track stitches behind it where the autopsy was done.

I can see death in two aspects, hierarchaly (masculine) and laterally (feminine).

Hierarchly, the person that you knew when he was alive was at the peak of evolution. That is the person "I" was the summit of the creation of universe 13.7 billion years ago. The "I" is the highest but most fragile part of the person. Take away the lungs and the "I" vanishes. However, even with the lungs out, the body can remain until it starts to break down.

Laterally, the person was a part of your consciousness-- only you exist and everybody, including the one who died, were just projections of your thoughts. There is no one but you and when you die so does the universe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Death   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
No, but when confronted with scenes of death I've always had the exact opposite experience.

Go watch someone have his head cut off: listen to the gurgling as the blood fills his throat, watch his body convulse and his eyes dance around in desperate fear - for me there is no greater proof than death that we are physical beings and nothing beside.

The words I've highlighted appear to contradict what you say about us being only physical beings.....can a purely physical body show fear?

Last edited by maryshelley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Death   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 am

SpeedOfSilence wrote:
maryshelley wrote:

I saw the dead body of my uncle at his wake. It was a dead body. I lifted up his hand by the wrist and dropped it-- I could feel the weight. I also remember his eye lashes looking like they were embossed with crazy glue so as to keep his eyes closed. I turned his head and could see the train-track stitches behind it where the autopsy was done.

I can see death in two aspects, hierarchaly (masculine) and laterally (feminine).

Hierarchly, the person that you knew when he was alive was at the peak of evolution. That is the person "I" was the summit of the creation of universe 13.7 billion years ago. The "I" is the highest but most fragile part of the person. Take away the lungs and the "I" vanishes. However, even with the lungs out, the body can remain until it starts to break down.

Laterally, the person was a part of your consciousness-- only you exist and everybody, including the one who died, were just projections of your thoughts. There is no one but you and when you die so does the universe.

Interesting but in the case of the words highlighted, shouldn't I then have ceased to exist when my Grandfather died? I feel I'm still around but that he is not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUNLIGHT
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 am

the BIBLE says that death is the result of sin ...also sickness and disease
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imp-pulse
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 am

SUNLIGHT wrote:
the BIBLE says that death is the result of sin ...also sickness and disease
insight of wise minds, even in "primitive" eras of "evolution".

http://www.space.com/22009-betelgeuse.html   Like a Star @ heaven

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_will_Betelgeuse_become_a_supernova  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=betelgeuse  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUNLIGHT
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 am

QUOTE IMP-PULSE : insight of wise minds, even in "primitive" areas .........Thats right linde the spirit can reach into the darkest area of the mind :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simpleLife
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:33 pm

When a body is said being dead?
It is when it loses both notions of time and space.

When I sleep, my being (I mean... I) loses all contacts to the time/space realm.
To me in the least, during my deep sleep, I am a dead man Wink And if my body dies while I am in this state of void, I would stay in this state.
In other words, I die daily and as long my body is ready to let me be born again next morning... I can say I am alive Wink

This is not the end of the story.

Before I wake up, I may live in another realm that is not limited by time and space. It is usually called a dream. But I perceive it as it is real... till my body returns back to the realm we call life.

On the other hand, I am sure:

(1) It is not "I" that decided to come into this existence (time/space realm).
(2) It is not "I" that decides when and how my dreams start.

The question is:
Could the power/will that made my body and sometimes forces me live a dream while my body is in the sleep mode (state of void, relative to my perception), forces me live too in a realm as of a dream (not limited to time/space) even after the death of my flesh?

If it cannot, then I came from the state of void (state before birth) to end up to the same state of void.
Otherwise, I will live in an eternal dream, since no living flesh will stop it, in which I see my life as it is... by paying all my debts in a way or another then by reviving the joy of pure love that I lived towards others (while I was in the time/space realm).

Conclusion: To be on the safe side, I try my best to let my eternal dream (also my dreams now) be as joyful as possible. This is why I avoid, as possible, hurting, hating, judging or even seriously blaming any person. Naturally, I also take care, when necessary, of any person; friend or enemy. For instance, by living this way... I forgot what nightmares look like and how having fear could be Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imp-pulse
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Death   Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 am

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.”
― Isaac Asimov

life should be a pleasant occupation. after that, death can be expected to be peaceful.

cogito, ergo sum: during the phases of (physical) non-existence, it is the collective memory that must be "brother's keeper".

death means life was finite. a transition renders thought (soul) indestructible.

\!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death   

Back to top Go down

Death
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1