Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Satyr, egocentric/emotional

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 am

wonderer wrote:

an entertaining opponent, to clarify.

There are many reasons...

I'm can be competitive, but most of the reasons lead back to entertainment.

Removing Satyr from the throne he see's himself on is the challenge.

the 'throne'...

a virtual, hypothetical one.

you should know by now that the possibility of your overcoming Satyr's stubborness and arrogance is null.

you're probably just willing to test your intellectual skills with him.

a passtime, nothing more.


Quote :
Came searching is a bit of a stretch... Are you to defend Satyrs honor in his absence?

Only Satyr can defend his honor.

if i affirmed to be his 'spokesperson', he wouldn't probably even speak to me anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 am

Drone wrote:


the 'throne'...

a virtual, hypothetical one.

you should know by now that the possibility of your overcoming Satyr's stubborness and arrogance is null.


What makes you say that?
Drone wrote:

you're probably just willing to test your intellectual skills with him.

a passtime, nothing more.
probably...

It's not so much as testing my intellectual skills as it is testing my tolerance for his insults, and my patience to sift through them.

Satyr is not larger than life. It seems you see him in the same sort of light he see's himself

Drone wrote:

Quote :
Came searching is a bit of a stretch... Are you to defend Satyrs honor in his absence?

Only Satyr can defend his honor.

if i affirmed to be his 'spokesperson', he wouldn't probably even speak to me anymore.

Why are you speaking about him now?

I was having a conversation with him, and frankly your commentary is not useful in any way.

Have you been reading the conversation?

Am i just one of the many people who confront Satyr looking to prove myself?

Do you feel i am taking away from your own confrontation with Satyr?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 pm

wonderer

if you read at least some parts of my conversations with Satyr here and at ILP, you'll see that i do not blindly agree with everything he says, and i do not see him as some sort of idol either.

Satyr is just a man after all. no fear is required for you to approach him. you just have to find the right way.

maybe when you learn to accept this will you have to overcome or defeat a 'foe' like him, you'll learn to respect him too

if he was something so irrelevant, you wouldn't even waste your time with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 pm

You are trying to get through to Satyr by respecting him where he would show you none.

You cannot break Satyr in such a manner.

Am i afraid?

What do you think?

Do you think me insulting him, and claiming to enjoy it is a cover for my fear?

In that case, do you think Satyr is afraid of me for doing the exact same thing?

The whole issue remains; why do me and Satyr have such arguments?

Am i looking for a reputation? Am i looking for competition? Am i trying to help Satyr?

Am i trying to "seek truth"? Am i trying to weed a garden? Am i looking for entertainment?

Just what am i doing?

And what is Satyr doing? Is Satyr out for enjoyment, as is his claim?

Am i a pathetic puppet who he strings along for his own enjoyment?

Am i irrelevant as he claims?

I said earlier, that if i was pathetic and irrelevant to Satyr he wouldn't bother responding the way he does.

So what relevance am i to him and him to me?

From my perspective, which I'm sure you have a couple preconceptions about, i see him as an interesting challenge, which i wouldn't mind tackling for any number of good reasons, but primarily for my own enjoyment. He perceives me as A, someone who he can squash for enjoyment, and eventually when he fails to squash me, B, a threat to his peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:36 pm

wonderer wrote:
You are trying to get through to Satyr by respecting him where he would show you none.

this is not necessarily true. Did Satyr insult me? Yes, but only because i was purposefully getting on his nerves.

i do not think he will try to purposefully insult or disrespect me from now on, unless i do say something that might hurt his intelligence, or insult him.

i do not see Satyr as the aberration some people portray him to be. i do not think he'll send me a pm offending or insulting me unless i myself offend him first.

one must learn to understand the man in order to approach him.

the way he can joke around and be very nasty he can also be very serious and...candid.

and i must remember that before this little 'act' i was playing with him here, Satyr had never really disrespected me before. at least i didn't understand his words as insults designed to hurt me.

Quote :
You cannot break Satyr in such a manner.

Am i afraid?

What do you think?

Do you think me insulting him, and claiming to enjoy it is a cover for my fear?

In that case, do you think Satyr is afraid of me for doing the exact same thing?

i think you (and many others) are INTERESTED ih him in a manner you yourself cannot entirely accept.

you want to prove that what he says about you (and 'your kind', to use his words) is false.

and you always fail, according to his standards.

Quote :
The whole issue remains; why do me and Satyr have such arguments?

Am i looking for a reputation? Am i looking for competition? Am i trying to help Satyr?

Am i trying to "seek truth"? Am i trying to weed a garden? Am i looking for entertainment?

Just what am i doing?

And what is Satyr doing? Is Satyr out for enjoyment, as is his claim?

Am i a pathetic puppet who he strings along for his own enjoyment?

Am i irrelevant as he claims?

I said earlier, that if i was pathetic and irrelevant to Satyr he wouldn't bother responding the way he does.

So what relevance am i to him and him to me?

From my perspective, which I'm sure you have a couple preconceptions about, i see him as an interesting challenge, which i wouldn't mind tackling for any number of good reasons, but primarily for my own enjoyment. He perceives me as A, someone who he can squash for enjoyment, and eventually when he fails to squash me, B, a threat to his peace of mind.

Wonderer, your dealings with Satyr are not really MY business. Whatever they are or amount to, it's your concern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Drone wrote:

this is not necessarily true. Did Satyr insult me? Yes, but only because i was purposefully getting on his nerves.

i do not think he will try to purposefully insult or disrespect me from now on, unless i do say something that might hurt his intelligence, or insult him.

i do not see Satyr as the aberration some people portray him to be. i do not think he'll send me a pm offending or insulting me unless i myself offend him first.

one must learn to understand the man in order to approach him.

the way he can joke around and be very nasty he can also be very serious and...candid.

and i must remember that before this little 'act' i was playing with him here, Satyr had never really disrespected me before. at least i didn't understand his words as insults designed to hurt me.

Good luck.
Drone wrote:

Quote :
You cannot break Satyr in such a manner.

Am i afraid?

What do you think?

Do you think me insulting him, and claiming to enjoy it is a cover for my fear?

In that case, do you think Satyr is afraid of me for doing the exact same thing?

i think you (and many others) are INTERESTED ih him in a manner you yourself cannot entirely accept.

you want to prove that what he says about you (and 'your kind', to use his words) is false.

My interest in him is similar to his interest in me. Perhaps that's what i would feign from admitting.

We are both out to cut each others throats to enjoy the experience.

Comprehending these kinds of arguments from on side doesn't work drone. Of course i fail by Satyrs standards, the point is for you to use your own standards.

Drone wrote:


Quote :
The whole issue remains; why do me and Satyr have such arguments?

Am i looking for a reputation? Am i looking for competition? Am i trying to help Satyr?

Am i trying to "seek truth"? Am i trying to weed a garden? Am i looking for entertainment?

Just what am i doing?

And what is Satyr doing? Is Satyr out for enjoyment, as is his claim?

Am i a pathetic puppet who he strings along for his own enjoyment?

Am i irrelevant as he claims?

I said earlier, that if i was pathetic and irrelevant to Satyr he wouldn't bother responding the way he does.

So what relevance am i to him and him to me?

From my perspective, which I'm sure you have a couple preconceptions about, i see him as an interesting challenge, which i wouldn't mind tackling for any number of good reasons, but primarily for my own enjoyment. He perceives me as A, someone who he can squash for enjoyment, and eventually when he fails to squash me, B, a threat to his peace of mind.

Wonderer, your dealings with Satyr are not really MY business. Whatever they are or amount to, it's your concern.

What then, is your inquiry?

remember when you said this?

Quote :
you're probably just willing to test your intellectual skills with him.

a passtime, nothing more.

or this

Quote :

strange remark

you yourself had affirmed before that Satyr offered you what you wanted to find on a place like this: an opponent

and btw, he had already been 'removed' from ILP. you came here searching for him.

You just swung by to tell me my errors is that it?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:17 pm

if we could just admit how we need what we pretend to 'hate' the most...


well, this is all a FARCE after all, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:36 pm

lol.

We need him for different things...

He provides me with entertainment. What does he provide you with?

Are you looking for confidence?

If what i say is a farce then so is what he says.

What is your beef with me anyway?

Is it that i am degrading the man you are trying to befriend?

remember, let him defend himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm

wonderer wrote:
lol.

We need him for different things...

He provides me with entertainment. What does he provide you with?

Are you looking for confidence?

If what i say is a farce then so is what he says.

the 'farce' is the world we live in and on, my friend

no, there's really nothing you can do about it.


Quote :
What is your beef with me anyway?

Is it that i am degrading the man you are trying to befriend?

remember, let him defend himself.

no, wonderer, i have no 'beef' whatever with you

it all began randomly...

and i do think Satyr doesn't need anyone to defend himself...

did i sound as someone who was trying to speak for him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Drone wrote:
wonderer wrote:
lol.

We need him for different things...

He provides me with entertainment. What does he provide you with?

Are you looking for confidence?

If what i say is a farce then so is what he says.

the 'farce' is the world we live in and on, my friend

no, there's really nothing you can do about it.
if a farce is all we ever know, then just pretend it's real...

you wont know the difference
Drone wrote:


Quote :
What is your beef with me anyway?

Is it that i am degrading the man you are trying to befriend?

remember, let him defend himself.

no, wonderer, i have no 'beef' whatever with you

it all began randomly...

and i do think Satyr doesn't need anyone to defend himself...

did i sound as someone who was trying to speak for him?

yes, you did... you were giving a pretty low appraisal of "my side of things"...

It seemed you were or are still of the opinion Satyr is much more stable minded than myself.

I don;t blame you for that, but it still gives you a bias...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:02 am

wonderer wrote:


We need him for different things...

He provides me with entertainment. What does he provide you with?

Satyr is good-humoured, intelligent and sarcastic

talking with him is usually a pleasure. when we forget about his absurd level of aggressivity, his posts can be simply brilliant...and fun, what's more interesting...


Quote :
if a farce is all we ever know, then just pretend it's real...

you wont know the difference

i already do it, all the time

i am a born pretender.


Quote :
yes, you did... you were giving a pretty low appraisal of "my side of things"...

It seemed you were or are still of the opinion Satyr is much more stable minded than myself.

I don;t blame you for that, but it still gives you a bias...

ha, i'm 'interested' in Satyr, this is undeniable. but i'm not going to defend or justify everything he does/says. he 'owns' his own words here.


just remember that he's right when he says that it's his opponent that comes searching for him. i guess he would never invite you to a debate, since it's quite obvious that he despises you to the core. so you came here looking for his attention and you received it. are you satisfied now?

i have no opinion on you as a person, Wonderer. we have hardly spoken to each other so far. i don not think you haven't a 'stable' mind, you seem to be a fairly intelligent guy, though your posts are generally long and confusing...

but who am I to talk about confusing posts?

wise up. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:59 am

Drone wrote:
wonderer wrote:


We need him for different things...

He provides me with entertainment. What does he provide you with?

Satyr is good-humoured, intelligent and sarcastic

talking with him is usually a pleasure. when we forget about his absurd level of aggressivity, his posts can be simply brilliant...and fun, what's more interesting...
To each his own
[quote="Drone"]

Drone wrote:


Quote :
yes, you did... you were giving a pretty low appraisal of "my side of things"...

It seemed you were or are still of the opinion Satyr is much more stable minded than myself.

I don;t blame you for that, but it still gives you a bias...

ha, i'm 'interested' in Satyr, this is undeniable. but i'm not going to defend or justify everything he does/says. he 'owns' his own words here.
then why did you begin?

Drone wrote:

just remember that he's right when he says that it's his opponent that comes searching for him. i guess he would never invite you to a debate, since it's quite obvious that he despises you to the core. so you came here looking for his attention and you received it. are you satisfied now?
this is not true though. I came here on unrelated business and i entered into this big discussion with Satyr simply by quoting Oliver twist.

I stayed to debate Satyr, but you saying that i somehow came looking for him is innacurate.

people don;t need to invite other people into debates

what do you think it means if i came looking for him? that he is my superior and i am just looking to test my intellectual skills?

you keep saying you're not out to defend satyr but i see straight through your words here.

try again maybe...

In fact, i entered satyr own thread where he invited people to join in order to "dish out a beating" which is Satyrs own thread. He actually encouraged people to confront him.

it went

"satyrs bitch slappin area

enter to get your beating"

So, next time you try and tell me i came looking for Satyr, i am going to start making assumptions about YOUR motives and YOUR state of mind.

I just got finished "bitch slapping" satyr to a point that even he could not tolerate. and now your presence in this thread is a weak after shock.

If you don;t want me to become long and confusing against you, i suggest that you stop echoing satyr. At least not in this thread.

Next time Satyr tells you that I or someone came looking for him, and saying that these people are insignificant, ask him why he provoked them with his own thread, and why he engages them in their insignificance.

then judge his answers, don't accept them. Satyr has a strong mind and is easily able to manipulate. Be suspicious of his self love.
Drone wrote:


i have no opinion on you as a person, Wonderer. we have hardly spoken to each other so far. i don not think you haven't a 'stable' mind, you seem to be a fairly intelligent guy, though your posts are generally long and confusing...

but who am I to talk about confusing posts?

wise up. lol!

My posts don't confuse you when Satyr feeds you explanations...

Like i am a pathetic kid out looking to prove myself.

You see Satyr on a pedestal, and that's why you are utterly biased even when trying to make a neutral reply to me.

again i do not blame you, but if you continue to peruse this conversation i guarantee you it will get messy, just like my actual arguments with Satyr.

I don't come into your thread and tell you that i think you;re sucking up to Satyr, so stay out of mine if you;re only here to tell me that i seek out satyr for some sort of self-verification.

Do you see my situation? you comming into this thread and "talking down" to me (yes it can be construed that way) i perceive as opposition in the same way i am conditioned to oppose Satyr.

For some crazy reason you think repeating Satyrs theories about me will somehow be true where before i blasted them for the desperate grasps at straws that they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 am

well, i see that i made a big mistake when i entered this thread...

wonderer wrote:
then why did you begin?

random

Quote :
this is not true though. I came here on unrelated business and i entered into this big discussion with Satyr simply by quoting Oliver twist.

I stayed to debate Satyr, but you saying that i somehow came looking for him is innacurate.

people don;t need to invite other people into debates

what do you think it means if i came looking for him? that he is my superior and i am just looking to test my intellectual skills?

you keep saying you're not out to defend satyr but i see straight through your words here.

try again maybe...

In fact, i entered satyr own thread where he invited people to join in order to "dish out a beating" which is Satyrs own thread. He actually encouraged people to confront him.

it went

"satyrs bitch slappin area

enter to get your beating"

So, next time you try and tell me i came looking for Satyr, i am going to start making assumptions about YOUR motives and YOUR state of mind.

be at will

you won't have much material available to do so...

Quote :
I just got finished "bitch slapping" satyr to a point that even he could not tolerate. and now your presence in this thread is a weak after shock.

If you don;t want me to become long and confusing against you, i suggest that you stop echoing satyr. At least not in this thread.

Next time Satyr tells you that I or someone came looking for him, and saying that these people are insignificant, ask him why he provoked them with his own thread, and why he engages them in their insignificance.

i was talking about the posts you generally make, they are very long, aren't they?

again, i'm not 'echoing' Satyr. as a matter of fact, i think it was a big mistake for me to enter this thread.

you can't even see that i don't think you are the 'retard' he affirms you to be... Rolling Eyes

Quote :
then judge his answers, don't accept them. Satyr has a strong mind and is easily able to manipulate. Be suspicious of his self love.

i don't 'accept' Satyr's answers to you. if i did, i would be calling you a 'retard' and a 'little girl' by now.

and every man can be manipulated. my idea however wasn't to humiliate or to 'dismiss' Satyr. i was trying to test him. i don't know if he really understood it, but the truth of the matter is, he seemed to.

Quote :

My posts don't confuse you when Satyr feeds you explanations...

Like i am a pathetic kid out looking to prove myself.

You see Satyr on a pedestal, and that's why you are utterly biased even when trying to make a neutral reply to me.

again i do not blame you, but if you continue to peruse this conversation i guarantee you it will get messy, just like my actual arguments with Satyr.

I don't come into your thread and tell you that i think you;re sucking up to Satyr, so stay out of mine if you;re only here to tell me that i seek out satyr for some sort of self-verification.

Do you see my situation? you comming into this thread and "talking down" to me (yes it can be construed that way) i perceive as opposition in the same way i am conditioned to oppose Satyr.

For some crazy reason you think repeating Satyrs theories about me will somehow be true where before i blasted them for the desperate grasps at straws that they were.

i don't see Satyr on a pedestal. stop talking rot.

how many fucking times must i say that i am not his spokesperson?

why are you trying to embarass me with these childish insinuations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:54 am

Drone wrote:
well, i see that i made a big mistake when i entered this thread...
you made a mistake when you started echoing Satyr.
Drone wrote:


Quote :
this is not true though. I came here on unrelated business and i entered into this big discussion with Satyr simply by quoting Oliver twist.

I stayed to debate Satyr, but you saying that i somehow came looking for him is innacurate.

people don;t need to invite other people into debates

what do you think it means if i came looking for him? that he is my superior and i am just looking to test my intellectual skills?

you keep saying you're not out to defend satyr but i see straight through your words here.

try again maybe...

In fact, i entered satyr own thread where he invited people to join in order to "dish out a beating" which is Satyrs own thread. He actually encouraged people to confront him.

it went

"satyrs bitch slappin area

enter to get your beating"

So, next time you try and tell me i came looking for Satyr, i am going to start making assumptions about YOUR motives and YOUR state of mind.

be at will

you won't have much material available to do so...


So i was right, right?

that i did not seek Satyr out, that i did not come looking?

what does this mean?

Forget that i just challenged you, i have no desire to go through your mental laundry.

what does it mean if You and satyr are wrong in claiming i'm an insignificant kid looking to prove myself because i sought him ot...

what am i now? now that i've demonstrated the falsity in your claims...?
Drone wrote:

Quote :
I just got finished "bitch slapping" satyr to a point that even he could not tolerate. and now your presence in this thread is a weak after shock.

If you don;t want me to become long and confusing against you, i suggest that you stop echoing satyr. At least not in this thread.

Next time Satyr tells you that I or someone came looking for him, and saying that these people are insignificant, ask him why he provoked them with his own thread, and why he engages them in their insignificance.

i was talking about the posts you generally make, they are very long, aren't they?

again, i'm not 'echoing' Satyr. as a matter of fact, i think it was a big mistake for me to enter this thread.

you can't even see that i don't think you are the 'retard' he affirms you to be... Rolling Eyes
i know you do not think I'm retarded, i never said you did, but you see me as an enemy of satyr.

You see Satyr as very intelligent, so you take what he says about me on good authority.

since he told you that i came looking for him, and am insignificant, you believed it, and you echoed it in this thread, which you entered, on your own, which you now regret doing...
Drone wrote:

Quote :
then judge his answers, don't accept them. Satyr has a strong mind and is easily able to manipulate. Be suspicious of his self love.

i don't 'accept' Satyr's answers to you. if i did, i would be calling you a 'retard' and a 'little girl' by now.

and every man can be manipulated. my idea however wasn't to humiliate or to 'dismiss' Satyr. i was trying to test him. i don't know if he really understood it, but the truth of the matter is, he seemed to.
your business with satyr is your own, just as mine with him is my own.

I could care less what business you have with him, but when he tells you things about me, and you repeat those things to me, well i can;t help myself in speaking out in opposition.
Drone wrote:

Quote :

My posts don't confuse you when Satyr feeds you explanations...

Like i am a pathetic kid out looking to prove myself.

You see Satyr on a pedestal, and that's why you are utterly biased even when trying to make a neutral reply to me.

again i do not blame you, but if you continue to peruse this conversation i guarantee you it will get messy, just like my actual arguments with Satyr.

I don't come into your thread and tell you that i think you;re sucking up to Satyr, so stay out of mine if you;re only here to tell me that i seek out satyr for some sort of self-verification.

Do you see my situation? you comming into this thread and "talking down" to me (yes it can be construed that way) i perceive as opposition in the same way i am conditioned to oppose Satyr.

For some crazy reason you think repeating Satyrs theories about me will somehow be true where before i blasted them for the desperate grasps at straws that they were.

i don't see Satyr on a pedestal. stop talking rot.

how many fucking times must i say that i am not his spokesperson?

why are you trying to embarass me with these childish insinuations?

heheh...

you came here insinuating i sought out Satyr to prove myself against him...

and regardless of whether you speak for Satyr or not you eho the things he says about me.

you came here to let me know that i came looking for him..

What do you expect?

You show up after this thread is concluded trying to instigate something.

I don't care if you came up with the theory that i'm out to prove myself all on your own, since you just showed up in Satyrs absence and began spouting the same thing he said, combined with your attempt in your own thread to speak to him as an equal, makes me think for some reason you view me in some of the same lights as he views me.

Expect me to cast aspersions against your motives, because what you say was so inaccurate and instigatory that i had no choice, i saw no other explanation.

you only brought rot. you came making childish insinuations, trying to discredit me. and don't deny that, i can gather the quotes for you.

Once again i must warn you that if you continue to persue this conversation it will get messy. IF you regret what you have already said or what i have said in response, i suggest you quit while you're somewhat ahead.

I can make much more embarrassing assumptions than you, i learned from Satyr, the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Drone wrote:


just remember that he's right when he says that it's his opponent that comes searching for him. i guess he would never invite you to a debate, since it's quite obvious that he despises you to the core. so you came here looking for his attention and you received it. are you satisfied now?
I do not despise anyone.

He is a man-child, seeking validation, and his perspective is simple, boring, and frustrating because it's not based on anything more than his declarations.

There's no counter-argument, no alternative...just denial, rejection and statements.

THAT is not a challenge to a position.

If someone says:

"The Earth is round."

and all he gets in return is:

"Wrong!!!!"

Statement with no argument.

"You are emotional."
Look who's really being emotional.

"You are egotistical."
And? How does that invalidate my positions?

"It doesn't even make sense."
Translation: I do not understand or I cannot accept or an allusion pretending reasoning but delivering only an emotionally laden implication meant to affect the reader with doubt.

I will not go through the childish arguments he presented in response to my positions.

For these reasons, no more will be wasted on him...no matter how many names he wears, trying to get my attention.

HintYou cannot challenge an opinion based on reasoning and arguments with absurdity.
You cannot present yourself as a "challenger' when all you have to say is a rejections, with no reasons why.

If the opponent offers a position explaining commonly perceived phenomena you cannot think that you are challenging them by simply presenting more emotionally appealing alternatives.
you cannot think that you are challenging them by just saying "No" or "Wrong!" or "I do not accept your premises."

If you think the other's positions are reasonable, even if not appealing to you, then you must present reasonable alternatives or else all you do is choose to delude yourself.
If you think them unreasonable then move on!!!! Go no with your life.
Do not waste your time....and now i will take my own advice.


Thank you Drone, today IS my birthday.
No more wasted time on idiots and retards, no matter how many masks they wear vying for my attention.
They can think themselves worthy or victorious or fearless...what, the fuck, do I care?
I bet there are some Christians, I've tangled with, that think I'm destined for hell or that I fear God or whatever.

My truths will only be reserved for my son, and the few, I deem, are capable of understanding and so more capable of benefiting from what I have to say.

The rest can stay just as they are and they can believe whatever they believe and they can think of me in whatever way pleases them and protects their ego.

2009...the year I REALLY became an elitist.

Good luck to the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Oh come on Satyr you've been singing that song since the beginning. calling me stupid and simply ignoring any hint of a rational debate.

How many responses did you begin making and choose not to post?

Do you think this one is long enough and arrogant enough to suit your taste?

How many times do you need to repeat comething before you believe it?

"I will not go through the childish arguments he presented in response to my positions"

That has been you attitude from day one and you never have been point through arguments, you deny them by insulting me and then choose not to provide a rebuttal. Through all this you don't provide a single example of my absurd reasoning to back what you say up.

Do you know why this post is so long yet says the same thing over and over?

because if it was short it would look like this.

Wonderer has no arguments to rebuttal, he is just making statements

i will not go through his childish arguments.

Yata yata yata, time for lunch


but hey, i admire your honesty, cough Hell, i like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister...

I say you emotionally delude yourself to say i have no arguments... you say i have no arguments...

It's a stand still i guess... Sleep

Have to keep up appearences of course.. i understand Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Truth is, my formidable opponent, that I harbor a secret fear towards you.

I am gripped with anxiety when I see one of your posts, in response to the stupidities I provide.

I have discovered, with your help, no doubt, that all this time I have been living in unreality....my ego has taken over, my fear forcing me into more and more defensive absurdities.

You, and MagnetMan as well, have revealed to me, my very essence.

For that I will be grateful until the day I die.

Accept my apologies for whatever I have said about you in the past.
Truth is, your mind is truly a challenge I can never hope to meet.

I look forward to your future posts like a child does to Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 pm

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Satyr wrote:


Thank you Drone, today IS my birthday.
No more wasted time on idiots and retards, no matter how many masks they wear vying for my attention.
They can think themselves worthy or victorious or fearless...what, the fuck, do I care?
I bet there are some Christians, I've tangled with, that think I'm destined for hell or that I fear God or whatever.

My truths will only be reserved for my son, and the few, I deem, are capable of understanding and so more capable of benefiting from what I have to say.

The rest can stay just as they are and they can believe whatever they believe and they can think of me in whatever way pleases them and protects their ego.

2009...the year I REALLY became an elitist.

Good luck to the rest.

if this was not enough for you to be convinced that i'm NOT Satyr's spokesperson, Wonderer... Evil or Very Mad

'each for his own': that's life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:03 pm

*thread locked due to inactivity*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   

Back to top Go down
 
Satyr, egocentric/emotional
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Should I tell my doctor about my mental/emotional state?
» does the sleeve change emotional eating
» Emotional blackmail
» A very emotional dream
» BIG FIVE: hand signs in Neuroticism vs. Emotional Stability!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: The Arena-
Jump to: