Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Satyr, egocentric/emotional

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:27 am

I welcome you to make a coherent and apt insult Satyr.

As it stands, your position of late is that I deny the truth of reality and thusly achieve my level of "happiness" where on the other hand you face life, and through knowledge and endurance, accept and love life.

My challenge is this: what do i deny?

My current belief is that you are emotionally frustrated with life, and it is this frustration that you are forced to "accept and endure" in order to look past those frustrations and enjoy the finer things in life.

Now just to move the discussion along, i can tell you that you and i do not experience the same frustrations, so i must be hiding from something different than what you face (which is annoyance at best)... What am i hiding from?

Please Satyr, be a sport and point it out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Reality...as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 pm

And which way is it that i claim it isn't?

Is it because morons make you angry?

Is reality about morons inciting anger?

Be more specific. what about reality do i deny...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:27 pm

That what humans call negative is the norm, and what they call positive, is the exception to the norm and it requires constant effort, resistance and that this fact is experienced as need/suffering.
Those trying to avoid this by not strength but denial, are avoiding life and reality, as it is.

Disorder - Order

Dark - Light

Cold - Heat

Lifeless - Life
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Satyr wrote:
That what humans call negative is the norm, and what they call positive, is the exception to the norm and it requires constant effort, resistance and that this fact is experienced as need/suffering.
Those trying to avoid this by not strength but denial, are avoiding life and reality, as it is.

Disorder - Order

Dark - Light

Cold - Heat

Lifeless - Life

I have never denied that life is not easy, but i have never said it is not worth it or the rewards do not outweigh the cost.

There may be more darkness than light in the universe but there is more light than darkness in my life.

I think i'm strong... In order to maintain my current level of comfort i must endure a very tolerable amount of discomfort.

Denial must be a powerful tool if it can make you happy in the midst of the necessary effort that is required to live. These persons in denial must have some sense of masochism if they do the work necessary to survive but deny that they do so...

I don't believe i am in any state of denial Satyr. The effort i put forth is moderate...

What you call acceptance I call happiness...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Then you live a very priviledged life and you should count yourself lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Satyr, you seem a very popular topic of conversaton, if you are then an egotist who could blame you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Satyr, you seem a very popular topic of conversaton, if you are then an egotist who could blame you?
Now you see the humor in this situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 pm

From the start dear fellow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Satyr wrote:
Then you live a very priviledged life and you should count yourself lucky.

All the hard times i have experienced have made me stronger. I am at the point where not much bothers me.

Take my ability to cope with those who i feel are mentally ill equipped...

What of tolerance?

Is tolerance what you consider strength?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:36 pm

wonderer wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Then you live a very priviledged life and you should count yourself lucky.

All the hard times i have experienced have made me stronger. I am at the point where not much bothers me.

Take my ability to cope with those who i feel are mentally ill equipped...

What of tolerance?

Is tolerance what you consider strength?

When I am strong, a fifty pound weight is tolerable...When I am weak, the exact same weight is unbearable.

Sheltered environments create weakness because they limit the weights and their danger, to individuals.
Having no experiences with weight, need/suffering produces weakness like being protected from lifting weight produces muscle atrophy.

Sometimes being inexperienced with weight lifting makes us feel strong when we can endure a small weight, just as those with little experience with war/violence feel indestructible and those inexperienced with fear/danger, feel brave.

Consider yourself lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Feeling indestructible is just an intense feeling of bravery, maximum breavery.

You seem to glorify whatever it is that you have endured.

You should realize that there are people who have endured more than you, and some people recover and benifit more from certain exereince...

What you call strong i see as natural, and always have.

I'm lucky that i wasn;t sheltered, and i have expressed that opinion on many occasions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm

wonderer wrote:
Feeling indestructible is just an intense feeling of bravery, maximum breavery.

You seem to glorify whatever it is that you have endured.

You should realize that there are people who have endured more than you, and some people recover and benifit more from certain exereince...

What you call strong i see as natural, and always have.

I'm lucky that i wasn;t sheltered, and i have expressed that opinion on many occasions.
Once more you expose an emotional, subjective mind.

You automatically assumed this was about me, personally.
Not that it was a general comment about how the universe works, but that it was about me and how much I've endured.
You, the retard, are now giving me lessons in suffering?

Because your opinions, like those of your kind, are all emotionally driven, self-serving, perspectives, you automatically assume that all opinions must benefit the one stating them. Benefit him immediately rather than offering the possibility of a benefit by knowing.

So, when I speak of need/suffering then it must be about me and I must be depressed or whatever...and when I speak of male/female dynamics then I must be claiming that I am the ideal male.

And when I speak of power it must mean that I think of my self as omnipotent.


This is where you and your kind are retarded.
Fuckin' imbeciles, the lot of you.

The notion that one can see reality, as it is, even when he does not like it or directly benefit from it...or the idea that one can criticize the system, and expose its methods, and yet still benefit from it...is alien to you all.

If it is in your self-interests then it must be perfect and nothing negative can be said about it.
Hell, say soemthing negative about women and you must hate them.
There is no other option...like rational objective thought.
No, it must be subjective and emotinoal because none of you can think outside these paradigms.


See, retards, like you, cannot separate their thinking from their interests.
And because they cannot, they cannot imagine anyone who can.

They, then, seek out the angle behind the other's perspective, especially when it challenges their own self-interests. They seek it out to expose it, hypothetically, and so dismiss the opinion as being subjective....just as subjective as their own...equalization.
Then the debate becomes one over which subjective thought benefits us the most.
Not what is truth, independent from our interests, but which subjective thought, because all are equally subjective, offers the most.

They then project their own subjectivity upon the other, finding possible self-interests in a perspective they cannot accept.

You did it earlier....It was funny, because you inadvertently exposed your own subjective thinking.

Funny thing is, when I stated that beauty is not skin-deep and that it is a manifestation of genetic fitness, nobody accused me of being good-looking....there no negative angle could be found that also flattered you, so it was ignored or taken to be self-evident.

But when I said something about the universe being a threatening place and that it is only the sheltering systems that protect people from the worse of it, I was attacked as harboring fear or being depressed of being unable to cope - as if.
I was then reminded - as if - that I also benefit from the system....
Wow!!!
And?
How does that negate my critique?

Then the thuoght enters your little brains:
how can someone attack what he benefits from?....the subjective angle.

Possible answers:
He is ill.
He fancies himself above the system.
He is emotionally driven and so hysterical.


You people have been entertaining...even while I was, supposedly, being used for entertainment.

You people have been emotionally driven, but it was I that was accused of emotional thinking.


Somehow emotional thinking was confused with passionate expression, just as empathy was thought to automatically mean compassion or like the other stunted mind equated dominance with rape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Satyr wrote:

The notion that one can see reality, as it is, even when he does not like it...or the idea that one can criticize the system, and expose its methods, must mean that they think they are not benefiting from the system.
Why is it the great exposer and criticizer reduces himself to straw men smuthered in insults?

Where did i assume you do not believe you benifit from life? You are an egocentrist remember, your benifit is your greatest concern.

I was actually defending the notion that one can see reality "as it is" (let's call it rationally), even when he likes it.

See, retards, like you, cannot separate their thinking from their interests.
And because they cannot, they cannot imagine anyone who can. [/quote]

I claimed that you glorified yourself. Do you deny such glorification? I could probably gather an interesting list ending with the indestructible remark.

Satyr wrote:

They, then, seek out the angle behind the other's perspective, especially when it challenges their interests. They seek it out to expose it, hypothetically, and so dismiss the opinion as being subjective.

They then project their own subjectivity upon the other, finding possible self-interests in a perspective they cannot accept.

You did it....It was funny...because you inadvertently exposed your own subjective thinking.

Funny thing is, when I stated that beauty is not skin-deep and that it is a manifestation of genetic fitness, nobody accused me of being good-looking....there no negative angle could be found that also flattered you.

But when I said soemthing about the universe being a threatening place and that it is only the sheltering systems that protect people from the worse of it, I was attacked as harboring fear - as if - to i was reminded - as if - that I also benefit from the system....
i thought we were getting somewhere... we were being pleasant. what set you off.

Was it when i cast myself in a light that was stronger than yourself? that i have endured more? Laughing

that would be egocentrism conjuring these sloppy theories which you blindly slap on me and pretend they are logical arguments. insults is what they are...

Satyr wrote:

You people have been entertaining...even while I was, supposedly being used for entertainment.

You people have been emotionally driven, but it was I that was accused of emotional thinking.


Somehow emotinoal thinking was confused with passionate expression, just as empathy was thought to automatically mean compassion or like the other stunted mind equated dominance for rape.
is that why you are desperately trying to sever contact and change the subject through insults? why shy away from the issue by taking time to insult when you have yet to spell our your argument against me.

you have simply been making assumptions, and in regards to the benifit thing, i was replying to your own emotional descriptions of "the worst of it" which are "darkness coldness and death".

Death doesn't particularily fear me, coldness doesn't fear me, disorder can be downright pleasurable.

Youa re annoyed by people around you who you deem inferior just for being around you. That's not tolerance strength or knowledge, that's petty arrogance and ignorance.

more insults or are you going to stick to your resolution...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:16 pm

wonderer wrote:
Why is it the great exposer and criticizer reduces himself to straw men smuthered in insults?
Now you are only throwing words around.

What insults you is reality. I simply express it.

You are either retarded or you are not...being insulted is irrelevant. The universe doesn't care about how you react to it.

But, God forbid anything negative is said about any human being, right?
Then the one doing so must be suffering from some emotional, egocentricity, because we all know only positive things can be said about other human beings.

Quote :
Where did i assume you do not believe you benifit from life? You are an egocentrist remember, your benifit is your greatest concern.
So are you, you simpleton, that's what makes it funny.

I, only admit it, and you exist in a state of denial, imagining yourself as someone wanting to save the world from itself, not even perceiving the ego behind your own positioning ...self-righteous little prick!

Quote :
I was actually defending the notion that one can see reality "as it is" (let's call it rationally), even when he likes it.
Just as long as nobody, you especially, is insulted, right?

Because the universe is fair.
Quote :

I claimed that you glorified yourself. Do you deny such glorification? I could probably gather an interesting list ending with the indestructible remark.
I claim to be more honest and smarter than you, and most people, should I pretend that I am humble so that your feelings don't get hurt, little brain?

Shall I pretend that you actually have said something of value?
Shall I humor you?

Wait a few days and I will.

Quote :
i thought we were getting somewhere... we were being pleasant. what set you off.
You!

Your stupidity is so hard to deal with for over a few minutes.
I read the shit you post, pretending you know what the hell you are talking about, in a thread with a title that is supposed to what?
Quote :

Was it when i cast myself in a light that was stronger than yourself? that i have endured more? Laughing
No, you moron, when you assumed that all this was about me...not ideas but us personally.

But not all escape suffering unscathed...some survive but are broken.
Some bones don't heal right.

Quote :
that would be egocentrism conjuring these sloppy theories which you blindly slap on me and pretend they are logical arguments. insults is what they are...
My assessments should insult you.
But they are based on reasoning and your performances.

Quote :
is that why you are desperately trying to sever contact and change the subject through insults?
Change the subject?
What subject am I changing?

Quote :
why shy away from the issue by taking time to insult when you have yet to spell our your argument against me.
I just did, you idiot!
You are an emotional, subjective thinker and you hide this fact by accusing others of what you are guilty of.

Because your opinions offer you an immediate benefit, you assume that all opinions must do so, for everyone.
So, anytime anyone says something you feel threatened by, you search for an angle to expose a motive, other than objectivity and truth.

Quote :
you have simply been making assumptions, and in regards to the benifit thing, i was replying to your own emotional descriptions of "the worst of it" which are "darkness coldness and death".

Death doesn't particularily fear me, coldness doesn't fear me, disorder can be downright pleasurable.
That's because you are so damn strong, you simpleton.

Death may not fear you, but you fear it.
Whenever I listen to a retard claiming such apathy, I almost gag.

Existing is caring, you simpleton.

It seems you fear nothing but you certainly deny.
Shit for brains, courage is NOT an absence of fear. That is ignorance...and sheltering environments produce plenty of that.
Ignorance also produces bliss.

Quote :
Youa re annoyed by people around you who you deem inferior just for being around you. That's not tolerance strength or knowledge, that's petty arrogance and ignorance.
Again, where, you simpleton, did I claim to be strong?
Perhaps only stronger than you...oh fearless one.

I admitted I have little patience with stupidity...and you've got plenty of that.
I admitted that stupidity is dangerous in numbers, whereas harmless one-on-one.

Quote :
more insults or are you going to stick to your resolution...
Three days away.


Last edited by Satyr on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Satyr wrote:
or like the other stunted mind equated dominance with rape.
No, "jackass", what I did was demonstrate how under the context of dominance, the subjects being dominated cannot differentiate between what is rape and what is not. The conned victims do not know that they are conned. This is your so-called "seduction". But, farther than that, you can no longer qualify what is "sex" or what is "rape" ... all that matters is that the male is fucking the female. It doesn't matter how, as long as its successful, even if it means lying through your teeth. I have yet to meet a man who was not lying to get sex: "I love you". There's the first lie. How can a man love a woman, or anybody, if he does not even know what it means? This same notion applies to God. If a person cannot discriminate between the reality and the actuality, then seduction becomes a moot point. It qualitatively-appears as rape-itself.

Then again, the only reason I explain myself to you is because you cannot resist insulting me due to your lack of comprehension to what I was saying.

You need to listen better.


If an idiot is conned by a conman, then does it matter that he steals from her blatantly or seductively? -- No, it does not matter.

It is still a con.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Have you ever tried telling a woman that you won't say 'I love you' because you aren't even sure what its supposed to mean?

They prefer, will demand, the lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Shit man, if you do any more backtracknig you'll begin slipping on your own bullshit.

Autistic boy, the difference between a violent act and a manipulative one is obvious to all but the few who must exaggerate shit to avenge themselves.

If I convince someone to do me a favor, whether with lies or not, or if I force him, against his will, makes all the difference. That is why we have different words, little boy.

If you cannot perceive the nuanced difference, then that is your problem.
How many have you...raped?

And what makes you so sure, you autistic boy, that the woman isn't lying to you?
Lying and pretending are part of the game, you little boy.
Puffing out your chest and she pushing her tits up, amounts to the same thing.
You telling her you love her and she telling you you are a wonderful man, amounts to the same thing.

All the makeup is her lying.
You calling yourself a man, also a lie.


Women don't think?
That was a doozy.

What reinterpretations will you come up with to explain that little gem away?

If sex is rape then all trades are violent acts and I just raped you, because I convinced you.


Last edited by Satyr on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Have you ever tried telling a woman that you won't say 'I love you' because you aren't even sure what its supposed to mean?

They prefer, will demand, the lie.
I know they demand the lie!

That is the problem; but we can take this to another thread if you insist...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:31 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Have you ever tried telling a woman that you won't say 'I love you' because you aren't even sure what its supposed to mean?

They prefer, will demand, the lie.
I've done that.

She put it off as it being inevitable...some time in the future.

But I did not tell her that it was impossible....even if I knew it.

But her finding you irresistible enough to do so is not like taking her sexually against her will.


Last edited by Satyr on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm

She wouldn't have believed you even if you had.

"We live in hope"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:34 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
She wouldn't have believed you even if you had.

"We live in hope"
Yes, but that's her giving in to her own need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Satyr wrote:
Shit man, if you do any more backtracknig you'll begin slipping on your own bullshit.
Wrong, I was aware of what I was saying from the beginning.

It is you doing the backtracking, because you fell straight into my rhetoric. You missed the ... nuance.


Satyr wrote:
Autistic boy, the difference between a violent act and a manipulative one is obviuos to all but the few who must exagerate shit to avenge themselves.
Autistic man, who gives a shit about the difference of knowing or not?

Conned victims often feel good after they have been conned ... if or until they realize the Truth of the matter.


Satyr wrote:
If I convince someone to do me a favor, whether with lies or not, and I force him, agaisnt his will, makes all the difference in using the words force and dominance.
If you cannot perceive the nuanced difference, then that is your problem.
No shit...

Since when did I say I care for conned victims???


Satyr wrote:
And what makes you so sure, you autistic boy, that the woman isn't lying?
Lying and pretending is part of the game, you little boy.
Puffing out your chest and she pushing her tits up, amounts to the same thing.
You telling her you love her and she telling you you are a wonderful man, amounts to the same thing.
It does not matter if she is lying, old fart. That was my point!

It only matters to who can decipher the differences of what is being said, and why. You think women truly-understand this?

You are clearly-wrong, because women cannot put words to it. They are con-women; it is impossible for them to realize it.

It changes nothing I have said.


Satyr wrote:
Women don't think?
That was a doozy.

What reinterpretations will you come up with to explain that little gem away?
No reinterpretation there. -- women do not think by definition.

Do you even know what 'thinking' is? No, you do not. I have rejected your flawed-definition many times already.

Intelligence is strictly-self-consciousness. Women are never, *NEVER* self-aware as Individuals. This is a problem (for them).


Satyr wrote:
If sex is rape then all trades are violent acts and I just raped you, because I convinced you.
All trades are conflicts --wars-- "you moron"!

In Amerikan English, 'rape' only means "taking advantage of". Thus, essentially-all sex acts are rape.

...still waiting for a retort, if you can even figure it out yet.


Or continue to sling shots at me on irrelevant threads as you please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Satyr wrote:
But her finding you irresistible enough to do so is not like taking her sexually against her will.
Speaks volumes about you.

Whom takes advantage of whom Satyr, and why???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Agreed, dominance and rape are wholly different things.

Contravening someone's will entirely, and perverting it are quite obviously different.

With a whore (and many other women) we can increase our chances of sexual intercourse by weighting her decision positively "If I do this then I will get money". Ofcourse, believing its about the money isn't acceptable for many womens minds "If I want this for its own sake then I will get the money and won't have to feel bad, ofcourse that rich man is just more attractive by chance".

Alternative to the carrot there is the stick, which steps more towards the area of rape because it is designed to limit choices by making them unpalatable, rather than enhance particular choices "God you're such a prude".

The two above can also be achieved by simply warping the perception of the cost/benefit, without actually altering the cost/benefit.

And then rape itself, where all choice and wilfulness is removed: they cannot even choose to deny you and suffer the consequences. The ultimate self-denigration: "I am so deeply unattractive even to myself, that I accept that no woman can find me attractive".

You could also weight it positively in your favor by warping yourself to become what women find attractive, but this again is abject "I must deny my individuality and mold myself to someone else's desires".

Better than them all is simply to honestly be whatever you are, to improve yourself along the lines of your own judgement, and when you are appreciated hence be appreciated for what you actually are. This is better than both rape and manipulation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Satyr, egocentric/emotional   

Back to top Go down
 
Satyr, egocentric/emotional
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Should I tell my doctor about my mental/emotional state?
» does the sleeve change emotional eating
» Emotional blackmail
» A very emotional dream
» BIG FIVE: hand signs in Neuroticism vs. Emotional Stability!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: The Arena-
Jump to: