Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Free Speech?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:28 am

What is it?

Why and how it is respected here?

According to the creator of this board, this community was created because the other philosophy boards on the web do not respect the freedom of expression of those people whose ideas are different from what is accepted as 'normal','decent','educated' by the status quo..

so, what about the freedom of speech of the spokesperson of the establishment? How do you tolerate it?

is it really possible that the opinion of EVERYONE must be respected? How? And if it is not, if you censor the ones who are against your 'anti-establishment' views, how can you speak against censorship?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:06 am

hello, folks!

someone out there? lol! Basketball lol! afro
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:32 am

Drone wrote:
What is it?
Fabulous question. Is it self-referential? Can we add to it? Take away from it? Does God have free-speech? Etymological and legal history?

Quote :
Why and how it is respected here?
It isn't per say, it is another monopolistic gang, a ghetto-dominant-discourse. This is the philosophy black-market; they know about us philosophical-niggers. The intellegentÄ­a are creatures of status; we flatter the bourgeoise and they flatter us back. Every DD's philosophers legitimize the system of exploitation; otherwise they would be dead. If someone powerful didn't want you alive, you wouldn't be. '

Quote :
According to the creator of this board, this community was created because the other philosophy boards on the web do not respect the freedom of expression of those people whose ideas are different from what is accepted as 'normal','decent','educated' by the status quo..

so, what about the freedom of speech of the spokesperson of the establishment? How do you tolerate it?
Nothing can be written here that is explicitly and physically against the system, like a computer virus, or a time-capsule time-bomb. Otherwise it would have been identified and destroyed. Free-speech is really not so often restricted, open speech is, there is thieve's cant you know.

Whatever you read here isn't anything extra-terrestrial; it isn't sheep, it's sheep-dog. So the DD does get its voice. But watch for signs. Arrows and things scratched into the cell-wall; the determined and creative can only be silenced with assassination, Devil's Islands, and like this.

Quote :
is it really possible that the opinion of EVERYONE must be respected? How? And if it is not, if you censor the ones who are against your 'anti-establishment' views, how can you speak against censorship?
The establishment is well represented here, don't worry about that! Who is being censored? Not you; or is it that I am framing you? Or is the medium determining what you can say? And the uncontacted tribes, they are also being excluded...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:46 am

For me , everything written in these forums should be taken with humor and a grain of salt.
The written word by itself tells us only part of the person's true intent. Communication truly needs tone and body language to complete the words. For myself I would only control a person if that person's post would cause legal ramifications for the site or if the majority requested it.

Certain rules not being followed are not a big issue with me. Unless it was flagrant and noticeably button pushing. Well if buttons are being pushed to the extreme then I would probably push back after confering with others to see if it would be accepted. In every site you are a guest of the owner, the owner has the right to set guest rules. It is the owner's house, not the guests. Respect for the owner should be expected. You sure would not want guests coming into your home and trashing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:07 am

kriswest wrote:
For myself I would only control a person if that person's post would cause legal ramifications
The central authority.

Quote :
for the site or if the majority requested it.
The tyrants.

Quote :
confering with others to see if it would be accepted.
The gang.

Quote :
In every site you are a guest of the owner, the owner has the right to set guest rules. It is the owner's house, not the guests. Respect for the owner should be expected. You sure would not want guests coming into your home and trashing it.
The king.

The king is dead. Let's work on these others now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:08 pm

That's precisely what I thought

There must be limits. If they are not given you from the start, you'll have to create them.

Illiterate ('moronic') people, for instance, aren't tolerated anywhere

This should be enough to understand why people like Paul (the administrator of Philosophy Forums) are so attached to the rules of his boards and obliges everybody to respect them. In fact, if he aims to create a decent virtual environment for people to post and exchange ideas, he's obliged to do that, no matter what the 'anti-establishment' 'rebels' might think or say...
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:13 pm

My intentions for this website are to destroy all possible rules up to the point where the site must be shut down from outside sources.

I am curious to know the limits to such an endeavor, speaking-for-myself...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 83
Location : Maidan Nezalezhnosti
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
My intentions for this website are to destroy all possible rules up to the point where the site must be shut down from outside sources.

I am curious to know the limits to such an endeavor, speaking-for-myself...
This crossed my mind too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:45 am

My intentions for this website are to destroy all possible rules up to the point where the site must be shut down from outside sources.

I am curious to know the limits to such an endeavor, speaking-for-myself..


interesting....

this 'community', however, has a set of 'rules'. What do you intend to do with'em?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:56 am

Drone wrote:
interesting....

this 'community', however, has a set of 'rules'.
Really, what 'rules' are there here?

I mean, as long as everything revolves around Philosophy on this Forum, I don't see the problem to letting anything go.


Drone wrote:
What do you intend to do with'em?
Do with what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:19 am

ask your admin, there's a topic about it in the Feedback forum

also, you've pointed out another rule right now: we're here to discuss about PHILOSOPHY...

Mod edit:

The rules are the rules of the physical world. Test yourself and be creative. That's a good philosophical question; can you break the rules?


Last edited by Taras on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : testing re: question)
Back to top Go down
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am

does this work? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Good, you're learning.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 am

Drone wrote:
also, you've pointed out another rule right now: we're here to discuss about PHILOSOPHY...
Think about it this way...

This is a philosophy forum. If you did not come here to discuss philosophy, then why did you come here?

Now, if there are no rules, then you can do whatever the fuck you want. There is one tiny problem...

I have the administrative powers; you do not. If rules apply to neither of us, but I have power, then I can do whatever I want within my power, yes?


Now, apply this to the real world with the same affects.

There are no rules in the real world ... except for gravity & force.

You are only free to do as you please through me. And I say: do/say whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 am

now that you have explained how things 'work' here, I'm beginning to understand it better, UR...

hope that this will be an effective way of ruling a web board...
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

Drone wrote:
now that you have explained how things 'work' here, I'm beginning to understand it better, UR...
Is that a fact Drone?


Drone wrote:
hope that this will be an effective way of ruling a web board...
Thanks for your hope, but no thanks.

Reality proves its victors, not mere hope & chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

yes, it's a fact

my fear is that this cannot work in the long run. The board is still unpopular, but soon there'll be the trolls, the bots, the spamers...soon you'll be obliged to moderate, censor and even ban people

soon there will be the same kind of people that annoyed you the most at ILP: the ones who ridiculed your arguments as ridiculuous pieces of the lamest sexism: how will you deal with them so?

life is like that: LIMITS are necessary even when we think we're completely free from them
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am

You are forgetting something...

On this forum, if you create a thread, then I give you moderation powers through me. If you do not enjoy the people responding on a thread you create, then you can delete responses as you please. This removes trolling & off-topic derailment completely. Spamming is the only serious issue that I will have to contend to, but, then again, spammers do not come here to discuss philosophy ... so I will feel no remorse in exercising my powers over them. You own your words here. If you are a moron, then you will pay for it as long as somebody is here to teach you a lesson. Reason doesn't give a shit what you look like, what your petty emotions are. Reason only gives a shit IF YOU ARE RIGHT!


Problems solved. Easy.

Now get lost; I can only assume you are an ILPite come to tell me what to do with myself...

And as we all know, clearly, ILP is the antithesis for Philosophy.

Right now, I am this forum's administrator, along with The Fool (who is absent). While that is the case, I say what the rules are.



I say thus: NO RULES!!!

This applies to me too ... the difference is, I have the power to ban. Figure it out.

I doubt I will even need to exercise my banning powers except on robots, which aren't even human to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 am

ok lol!

besides the admin, anyone else has something to say about that? Arrow
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 am

UR and I disagree on alot of things, but not this. I support him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 am

if things turn out to be how UR is planning, then this board will be an interesting experience

however, I have my suspicions that it can't work. By the way, this is the first web board I see where a member can ridicule and offend the admin as he please without being even moderated...
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 am

Drone wrote:
ok lol!

besides the admin, anyone else has something to say about that? Arrow
Right. That's the thing Drone; do you have something to say?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:38 am

obviously, plenty of things bounce Exclamation lol!
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
avatar

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:44 am

Drone wrote:
obviously, plenty of things bounce Exclamation lol!
Obviously fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drone
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 am

will I be allowed to say whatever I want here?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 am

Drone wrote:
will I be allowed to say whatever I want here?
Essentially-yes, you will.

But if you start chatting about car mechanics in the philosophy forum, then I will move your thread to the Off-topic category where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Free Speech?   

Back to top Go down
 
Free Speech?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Free Astrolgy Chart
» ISRAEL TO CONSIDER WORK-FREE SUNDAY
» Chris' Carb Free recipes
» OMG OMG OMG Sugar Free Ice Blocks
» Capturing free-floating planets

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: