Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Depraved mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Faust wrote:
Satyr - I agree that philosophy is intellectual violence. I don't agree that "You're a moron" is philosophy. You had most lately on ILP spent many words to say "you're a moron" to someone or other - repeatedly - and very little time doing anything remotely philosophical. Just saying "I am strong" does not make one strong.

You have therefore not devoured a single sheep - you have merely nipped at their heels.
Were they running away, then?

Quote :
And you've missed my meaning - it is you that is the screaming child. I am the clerk, yes. But you have not beaten them at all. They are still there, and you are not.
Dear hound dog, do you think it such a victory to be in that barn?
You think being a part of that herd is a victory?
Do you think it so hard to play the part they want me to play and participate?
I would be one of the gang, if I wanted to.
You think being as docile and conforming an mediocre,a s you, is a difficult task? Imitating stupidity is easy...imitating intelligence is impossible. You cannot pretend to be what is above you.

And of course I am still there...can you see me?
I can still read the Rant Forum...how can I do this?

Quote :
And if the sign of a weakling is participating in a group, then we are all of us weak. I can see why Aidan and you get along so well.
We get along?
What threads have you been reading?

Not participating in a group, idiot, participating in your group, makes you a weakling.

Quote :
All this drama. Over a message board site. I am not a mod here, so I cannot see why you pay attention to me here. Unless, in your weakness, you want so badly to come back that you, too, are groveling. For every reply you make to me shows this weakness.
I am already there, weakling.

But nice try to excuse yourself.

Truth is ILP had such a variety of idiots that it became addictive.

Quote :
And you may try to change my barroom metaphor, but that is such a weak attempt I will not respond to it.

I have been in a room full of toddlers, and I have not had to resort to slapping any of them.
Because you were one of them.

Still drunk on the drugs you all use to comfort yourselves...and you call the sober "not funny" or "drunk" to hide yourselves.

Quote :
You are moving from the ridiculous to the sublime. Like an elephant afraid of a mouse.
Afraid of a mouse?
Do not flatter yourself.

One mouse, insignificant...ten annoying...thousands a recipe for disease.
Quote :

This is getting sad.

I should not have come here.
Ha!!!

Quote :
But I am still amused. I have laughed out loud at the very posts that caused me to recommend your removal.

I don't expect you to understand.
But I do....the laughter nervousness.

Another mask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:52 pm

creasy wrote:
Sorry, had personal experience in other forums with you. I focused on your ideas and you started focusing on me. You categorized me and wrote about my motivations. I responded until this was clear it was going to be a pattern and then stopped responding to you. You present yourself as oh, so innocent in this post. Sorry. Not what I experienced and not what I witnessed. I did also see other people go directly at you with ad homs and you respond in kind, but that was not the only pattern, nor even the main one.
Then you are prejudiced against me due to your history with me.

If implying something insulting is considered acceptable while actually insulting directly is not, then I have nothing else to say.

Quote :
These two quotes go together well. I wish I'd had the second one. You did not react to similar sentiment presented by others but perhaps a quote from your future self would have been respected more.
Why pull back now?

Quote :
Hello!!! The moment you categorize anyone who disagrees with you as having the ideas of the norm and the herd you are implicitly selling yourself as unique.
No, retard, being in a minority does not make one unique.
Helloooooo!

See what I mean? How much of this stupidity could i take when it implies something insulting by constructing a lie?

This is the bullshit I've had to deal with.

Quote :
Not the issue and note, yourself, how you framed the issue. 1) you are defending yourself against something I did not say.
Retard, you accused me of believing I am more intelligent than everyone...EVERYONE.
My answer remains.

Quote :
2) what you do do is label those who disagree with you as stupid.
Again, retard, you build a strawman...No i do not insult everyone that disagrees with me...I insult everyone who disagrees with me and the only thing they have to provide as a challenge is your kind of stupidity.

The quality of the counter-arguments is what makes the disagreement stupid not the fact of the disagreement.

Quote :
I never drew the conclusion that you thought you were smarter than everyone, merely that you somehow thought saying others were stupider than you added to a discussion, despite the self-serving aspects of it.
And yet, like a true hypocritical moron, that is exactly what you implied.

What it adds to a discussion is it clears out all the rabble.
Wasting my time on idiots with personal insinuations and challenges that amount to childishness, in not my idea of a constructive or interesting discussion.

Quote :
Of course you have.
No, retard. I have attacked idiots, like you, who come to me with this type of attack and then expect to be respected and taken seriously.

Quote :
Anyway. You'll either notice that you categorize all who disagree with you as herd and that this may be limited, or you won't
And you'll either notice that you are painting a rather self-serving image of your forum behavior, or you won't.

You ESP attempts in this posts in relation to me were off, by the way. Perhaps you are capable of considering that.
The herd is characterized by its constant chewing of digested grass - repeating ad nauseum the cultural and social 'self-evident' truisms they picked up from mommy and daddy or from their friends. They only hold as true what is popular, trendy of comforting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:28 am

Did anyone notice...if we were back at ILP Faust would have had me expelled...once again citing all kinds of excuses that flatter his own kind while insulting mine...here he simply finds a pretext to run away...back to the herd...where he is liked, appreciated and feels so warm and safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Did you notice that we are talking about message boards - hobbies, in other words, and no our whole lives?

I think that's what you and UR are missing.

This is a hobby.

Try to get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:49 pm

What you know of "philosophy" Faust is a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Faust wrote:
Did you notice that we are talking about message boards - hobbies, in other words, and no our whole lives?

I think that's what you and UR are missing.

This is a hobby.

Try to get a grip.
This is where you fail.

If philosophy has no personal consequences, is not passionate, then idiots, like you, can indulge in it as a "hobby" - mental masturbation where everything is valid because none of it really means anything and is only a way of self-expression.

"Hey look Beavis, I made a a drawing of the horsey"
"Nice Butthead. It almost looks real. Here is my picture of a squirrel."

You've just exposed the truth.
Your kind has already established its "self-evident facts", like a Christian already knows the truth, has chosen his path or has been baptized in it at a young age. You do not question it.
You are all drunk on ideals that make you feel good, and everyone else is the "ill" one when they take it all so seriously and ruin all the fun.

Then, like a hobby, you can simply explore using your imagination, without ever actually looking...because you've already found or have been given it.

The rest is all meaningless. Just a plaything for toddlers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Yes, sir. Philosophy is more than a hobby. Posting on message board is not.

Again, you demonstrate that you cannot tell the difference between a philosophy and a website.

This is very simple stuff.

And please stop stealing my metaphors.

It's rude.

By the way, Ingenium just ripped me a new asshole.

Seems she misses you.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm

What is a forum Faust???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Faust wrote:
Yes, sir. Philosophy is more than a hobby. Posting on message board is not.
Then you do not go there to share your love of wisdom, your insights, your personal experiences and passions, but to shoot the shit with adolescent mnids, like yours, repeating another's ideas like a poem.

That is what made me insult the lot of you.

Grass munchers; herbivores feeding on the products of manure laid down before them; those that live, and are happy there, within stalls.

Quote :
Again, you demonstrate that you cannot tell the difference between a philosophy and a website.
I can.
And you can't tell the difference between thinking and pretending to think.

Quote :
This is very simple stuff.
Full of simpletons.

Quote :
And please stop stealing my metaphors.

It's rude.
Oh shit, was that you trying to be charming?

Quote :
By the way, Ingenium just ripped me a new asshole.

Seems she misses you.
Who cares?

Another cow feeding on the ranges.
If she kicks the dog in the head, what does it matter?
Dead weight all around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

UR - in general? What difference does it make. If I said it was an arena, does that mean we should play football at ILP?

Satyr - your conclusion is a nonsequitur.

You want to be able to insult everyone, because you think that common courtesy means nothing. The ownership of ILP thinks otherwise.

You can blow all the smoke you like, but it just isn't about you.

I know that hurts.

I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Faust wrote:
UR - in general? What difference does it make. If I said it was an arena, does that mean we should play football at ILP?
The context changes everything. You know this already.

A forum is a place where people come to conspire. A philosophy forum does exactly that.

However, I see a problem with this picture when the "philosophy forum" bans its only philosopher.


The case of Socrates comes to mind. Philosophy is not welcome inside the world, inside your world, ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:51 pm

All we ask is to follow some entirely reasonable courtesies.

If ILP is so important, it is important enough to do that.

You are both there, you are both operating within the rules.

Even Socrates had a choice.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Faust wrote:
Even Socrates had a choice.
This is mistaken.

The truth hurts everybody equally.

And sometimes the truth must be on pure display.

Socrates had no "choice".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Sure he did.

Either way, I keep hearing how important and dangerous you are, but I never hear that ILP is important. So, as a member of staff there, why should I care if you remain there or not?

Except that I hear all sorts of things.

But it's your choice, UR - to remain or not to remain. There are rules everywhere.

The fact is that you are an intelligent and thoughtful young man, who actually does want to fit in - you do want to post there, and you do want to be taken seriously by others as a thinker. And no amount of bullshit from you will convince me otherwise, for I have evidence for my statements.

You can continue to be your own worst enemy - and continue to fail.

Or you can stop worshipping a man who despises you as he despises himself, and succeed - it's only a message board - being a respected member doesn't take much.

The rules are the rules. You could get yourself into a position to influence those rules, or you can fold your arms and continue to be a rebel without a cause.

You can even insist that you have no choice.

In the end, it's all the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Faust wrote:


Satyr - your conclusion is a nonsequitur.

You want to be able to insult everyone, because you think that common courtesy means nothing. The ownership of ILP thinks otherwise.

You can blow all the smoke you like, but it just isn't about you.

I know that hurts.

I'm sorry.
It must hurt, huh, little idiot.

The fact that you have come here to blow all that smoke, stating in the above...and I quote:
Quote :
You want to be able to insult everyone, because you think that common courtesy means nothing.
is how you play the righteous victim.

I do not want to insult anyone, but neither will I tolerate imbeciles, like you, playing with lies and childishness and then accusing the other of what they are guilty of.
Did you want me to tolerate the taunts and insinuations of children so that I may be included in your little party and so that you, YOU, would think of me as a civil nice guy? you think your judgment matters to me, when nothing you've ever said was in any way interesting or thought provoking to me?

If i just wanted to shoot the shit, make jokes and pass my time, I would call a friend. Why would I go on-line to socialize with people across the globe? Are average Joes so rare in my environment that finding someone, humoring him, lowering myself to his level so as to distract myself and have a beer, would require me to log onto my computer?

Imbecile, I can find mediocrity at the corner. You people are a dime a dozen. seducing you, using flattery and pretending interest in your trivial lives, is an easy affair for me. So easy I get bored of it fast.
Sometimes the beer helps.
I seek more than this, you simpleton. Your company and good graces is not somehting I miss in my daily life. I've got too much of it.

You've already admitted that for you, and most of your kind, the forum is a "hobby", an innocent game of socializing.
The 'philosophy' is but the pretense, the bait...no thinking is done there, nothing personally important, nothing passionate.
Your shared truths are already a given and inherited from the culture you grew up in.

All deserve respect...life is sacred...truth takes a back seat to human emotions etc. ...you are only there to have fun and shoot the shit, under the pretext of intellectual discourse.

Anyone that disrupts this or exposes it as what it is or confronts those "self-evident" truths you all share and worship like another holy grail, will be slandered, and insinuations will be used to silence him. If this does not work he will be reprimanded, threatened and then, if he still does not yield, will be exorcised.

The sanctity of the group, the holiness of the common ideal will not be risked...it is a matter of faith. all of you drunk on it...all of you adolescents within its parental embrace.
Your 'differences' are only in what form this worship will take; what form this self-annihilating will take. Will it be Christian, Buddhist, or more modern, libertarian humanitarianism?

Your self-deprecating core beliefs remain untouched. They are your shared ideals, based on your shared weakness.


It certainly isn't about me...I never wanted it to be.
It is about YOU!
Even my banishment is a revelation of YOU!!! yuor shared communal judgment, protecting your shared communal childishness; protecting your shared communal weakness and fear.

Tell me again about how it is I that is afraid when it is you who censor using such pathetic justifications and when you so blatantly show favoritism.

When will these debates start?
I can't wait to see how children use ideas to masturbate under the rpetext that they are expanding their mnids by trying to defend ideas they do not believe in.

If the opposition is so mysterious to you all, that you need to act out this charade to gain an insight, then does it not explain why your own ideas are so defenseless agaisnt them?
As if i need to pretend to be a Christian apologists to gain an insight on the sickness that results in Christian faith.


But, like I said that is the pretext.
What is really occurring is a posturing, a hypocritically innocent game where the childishness with which philosophy is used is revealed.

These ideas do not really matter to those that are sheltered from all ideas foreign to the one the accept without question.
Their loyalties are a given...what remains is indulging in these war-games to find ways of defending their preferred delusions from anyone and anything that would dare disturb its lies.


Last edited by Satyr on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Satyr - you really are running out of material. I am nothing like a victim.

And i have admitted no such thing.

Try again.

Such misplaced grandiosity.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Faust wrote:
Satyr - you really are running out of material. I am nothing like a victim.

And i have admitted no such thing.

Try again.

Such misplaced grandiosity.
reread what i wrote. It has been edited.

Grandiosity?
Grandiose is your assumption that ILP is a reward for remaining loyal to the rules.
It's so pathetic it's funny.

Idiot, the only thing i miss, is the great selection of mediocrity found there...toys to play with.

Ingenium? What a doll.
You can't find that level of persistent feminine delusion easily.

Too bad she can't admit how wet she got.

I wrote this a few years ago in reference to the average man:

Quote :
None of it matters unless it directly and immediately effects their well-being, which is held within a comfortable state of inebriate satiation. When numb, nothing really matters at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:27 pm

I barely got through it the first time - I'm not reading it again.

Can I tell her you were asking for her?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Faust wrote:
I barely got through it the first time - I'm not reading it again.

Can I tell her you were asking for her?
See, now you are trying to be cure, again.

How adolescent and boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 pm

I guess I'll take that as a "no".
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Faust wrote:
Sure he did.

Either way, I keep hearing how important and dangerous you are, but I never hear that ILP is important. So, as a member of staff there, why should I care if you remain there or not?
ILP is not important. It is a format. It cannot be important by definition.

ILP is important insofar as it contains people, because subjects are important.


Faust wrote:
Except that I hear all sorts of things.

But it's your choice, UR - to remain or not to remain. There are rules everywhere.
Trust me; I know the rules.


Faust wrote:
The fact is that you are an intelligent and thoughtful young man, who actually does want to fit in - you do want to post there, and you do want to be taken seriously by others as a thinker. And no amount of bullshit from you will convince me otherwise, for I have evidence for my statements.

You can continue to be your own worst enemy - and continue to fail.
No, that is where you are wrong. I do not want to "fit in". I want to be right about what I think I know.

I don't care where that leads me.


Faust wrote:
Or you can stop worshipping a man who despises you as he despises himself, and succeed - it's only a message board - being a respected member doesn't take much.
I cannot stop worshiping a man that I respect. And respect is not based on membership into a club.


Faust wrote:
The rules are the rules. You could get yourself into a position to influence those rules, or you can fold your arms and continue to be a rebel without a cause.

You can even insist that you have no choice.

In the end, it's all the same to me.
I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Faust wrote:
I guess I'll take that as a "no".
Once again...cute.

How old are you?

What a bad question. In an age where nobody is allowed to grow up, remaining an adolescent mind, with good manners no less, is the norm.

And what is the feminine but a the masculine with none of the responsibilities and the integrity of maturity?

You are almost as cute as Tabula Rasa *yawn*...*chip - chip* ...*burp* ...*boing*

Saying nothing is the best way to be liked by all.

The one who truly despises himself is the one that hides himself from the truth.
I love life...because it makes me possible.
You, and your kind, are but objects, resources, to be exploited, used and manipulated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:13 pm

UR - think about this - if you are right and no one knows it, it doesn't matter. If you don't care what others think, there is no purpose to communicating it.

And worship is not based on respect, it's based on submission.

To say you don't care where you fit in and then roll over and expose your underbelly to the supposed alpha just doesn't resonate.

Don't let fear hold you back.

And don't let Satyr hold you back, either.

And yes, Satyr, I am trying to be cute.

The true alphas do not need keyboard machismo.

Anyway, you guys sure have a nice place here.

It was great visiting.

RU - why don't you come over and play with the grownups?

Evidently, you will be welcome to, as long as you act like one.

More or less.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 pm

This is so cute!!

"Come play with our kids" says the clown.jocolor Basketball

He chooses the harmless one, the one that can be managed, corrected, salvaged and rehabilitated back into the herd.

The police officer trying to save the children by making them good citizens.

Again...How easy to be liked and to be accepted when you say nothing, NOTHING, at all. affraid

Isn't this how mediocrity functions?
Eliminate distinction, enforce a code of conduct that mirrors itself, and you construct this illusion of equality where the weak are protected from their own stupidity.

Nice cop...Bad cop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 am

Now why would I choose one place over another?

Besides Faust, ILP poses no challenge. Satyr is right about that. And you can do whatever you like there.

Your 'rules' hold you back from a real challenge though, a "real" debate. Society holds you back. Your very purpose on ILP as a moderator is to prevent a guy like Satyr from cutting everybody's throat. So you disabled and banished him. Now, I tried a more subtle approach to pressure others after he was cast out and I still got banned for it. I want to expose everybody on everything, and you should be aware of that by now. The simple fact of the matter is that "truth" is not valued at ILP, because it reveals too much about how everybody goes their whole life to prevent others from seeing their weaknesses. Society-itself is scared to come to the realization that life just may be meaningless after all. But some men are past that realization already. I understand; I have known that for a long time now. I just needed to collect & form the words for it. And I do not forgot where my words come from. Respect is given where it is due; I never forget.

Let me put it this way: I have a profound respect for Satyr, because I believe him and I can relate in at least one area above or around all others. We will do what it takes to win ... no matter what. And if that means some throats need to be slashed in the process, then I will be willing to do it. This is rhetorical, but that is precisely the point. I want to win. I want to be wrong about what I thought I knew. And everybody keeps proving me right and the very few things that I do know: Irony.

ILP has rules to abide by. So if you want to know something --get information or knowledge out of somebody-- then why post there when you can engage others in a forum where there are no rules, respectively-speaking?

Free Speech...?

What a dream it is!!! Free "speech" is only possible when a man frees himself from what binds him: rules, order, society, science, physics, everything.


And last I recall, you are no metaphysician Faust. ILP is your home, not mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   

Back to top Go down
 
Depraved mod
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: