Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Depraved mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm

creasy wrote:
Unreasonable,
you focused on the idea of being dangerous, but I notice you did not mention 'important'. Some jerk can come into my party and pee on the carpet and it can be seen as dangerous to the mood of the party, but it does not make his peeing important. I don't think most of the posts here or in ILP are very important. Though some are more intelligent that others, not a lot of new ground is being opened up. To see your rejection from ILP as an indication of your importance or the importance of your ideas is really pretty silly.
I do not recall saying that I was important...

That is merely your inference and misinterpretation, a telling-one at that.



...and what-if Satyr actually is more intelligent than the ones he accuses of not???

Will that fact of life then not change everything into his favor??? I think it will. The question is: who decides? Who is judge?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
creasy wrote:
Unreasonable,
you focused on the idea of being dangerous, but I notice you did not mention 'important'. Some jerk can come into my party and pee on the carpet and it can be seen as dangerous to the mood of the party, but it does not make his peeing important. I don't think most of the posts here or in ILP are very important. Though some are more intelligent that others, not a lot of new ground is being opened up. To see your rejection from ILP as an indication of your importance or the importance of your ideas is really pretty silly.
I do not recall saying that I was important...

That is merely your inference and misinterpretation, a telling-one at that.
It has seemed implicit in a number of your posts, that the ideas you are putting forward are challenging and unique and this is why they are suppressed.

But if you don't think your ideas are important, which it seems like you are saying now, I understand why you did not respond to Faust when he mocked this idea and simply focused on the 'dangerous' aspects of your posts.

So dangerous, but not important posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:22 pm

creasy wrote:
So dangerous, but not important posts.
And what is that? How is it possible?

Nobody wants to argue with me, because it requires exposing *EVERYTHING* about yourself. And that creates a fear in you.

Give me your social security number...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Unreasonable wrote:

...and what-if Satyr actually is more intelligent than the ones he accuses of not???

Will that fact of life then not change everything into his favor??? I think it will. The question is: who decides? Who is judge?
Clearly the people who set up the site decided. Now here is another site. Here it seems no one will judge.

And the guy who pees on my carpet. No, it doesn't matter how smart he is. That's my rule, one of them, in my house. If the guy does not pee and says smart things, well that's great and could be challenging and disruptive, but as long as he doesn't pee....fine.

Other people have different rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
creasy wrote:
So dangerous, but not important posts.
And what is that? How is it possible?

Nobody wants to argue with me, because it requires exposing *EVERYTHING* about yourself. And that creates a fear in you.

Give me your social security number...

OK. First you say you never said you were important. Now it turns out that since you are dangerous your ideas must be important. Why the coy little game? Why not just own up to MY CORRECT INTERPRETATION which was that you think your ideas are important?

And then you go ahead and read my mind and tell me what I feel. And incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm

creasy wrote:
Other people have different rules.
I agree. What does that have to do with philosophy?


creasy wrote:
OK. First you say you never said you were important. Now it turns out that since you are dangerous your ideas must be important. Why the coy little game?
I play no game here! This is no game to me! I am all-in and I don't play for "fun"!

My question to you was this: how can I be dangerous without being important? That does not mean that I am important!

To ban somebody is to admit that it is detrimental. Is this fact important? You tell me.


creasy wrote:
Why not just own up to MY CORRECT INTERPRETATION which was that you think your ideas are important?
I think my ideas are important, all of them.

This is my interpretation, not yours, and not of Faust. Of course I think that; it is implied. I type words.

That mere act assumes import-ance. Did I say I was important? -- no. Did I say my ideas were important? -- no.


creasy wrote:
And then you go ahead and read my mind and tell me what I feel. And incorrectly.
Why would I do that when you can just tell me what you think and feel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Ur - you know as well as I that you haven't been banned from ILP.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Faust wrote:
Ur - you know as well as I that you haven't been banned from ILP.
In what manner of speaking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 am

In a realunoriginal manner.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:20 am

Faust wrote:
In a realunoriginal manner.
Laughing

Ok ... you win. I recede from this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:25 am

Quote :
yes, and your declarations are a good argument.

I made an observation and declared it.



Quote :
Should I lie?
YOU are an idiot...how can I ignore that?

Quite easily, I imagine.

I prefer an 'honest opinion'. I just know there is no such thing......but do keep deluding yourself that YOU are in possession of one.


Quote :
Here's another one...you are another sock-puppet...and an idiot trying, once more, to make yourself visible to me.

A 'sock puppet'? Of what? Myself? I was attempting to have conversations. You are the most interesting thing on the internet are you not?

I just don't find calling someone stupid; intelligent.

Quote :
No, but it is honest.

That sounds suspiciously like a declaration and you don't like those. An honest opinion is not an argument either. Is it?



Quote :
What should I call an adult child telling me what amounts to Santa Claus?

Depends what they are saying about santa claus doesn't it?



When afraid it prepares to defend itself and/or calls others to come to its aid. It does anything but seek comfort at that point because to seek comfort would end most likely in its death.

Quote :
Thank you.
You, are welcome.

And if I may mix my metaphors again; sheep have little to fear from an overfed lone wolf. And a little knowledge randomly applied can be a dangerous thing.

Quote :
do they have anything to fear from an overfed, lone wolf with one eye and a limp?

The eye and the limp would make little difference to the sheep.

Quote :
Jeez, why don't you stack the deck and create a caricature that suits yuor needs, little girl?

Are wolves not social animals?

Cariacature, where?
Wolves are, indeed social animals. Lone wolves don't last long. They prefer packs. Heirarchical ones. Don't they? Dogs are like that too, even sheep dogs. Of course if I wanted to talk in metaphorical or cliched terms then I might add that some wolves are able to don the clothes of sheep. It's an ill fit though.


Quote :
I do beleive I used it quite appropriately...if you could not follow it, that is your problem.

Oh I followed it all right. I don't even 'know' this faust fellow. I felt for him a little though.

Quote :
A sheep is a sheep is a sheep is a sheep....*Yawn*
I'm getting sleepy.

And sleep will give you comfort when all else fails. Counting sheep can help.....


Quote :
The hypocrite exposes herself.

You quoted your own words back. Not mine.
But all humans are hypocrites. They can't help themselves.

Quote :
Did I ever say anything about comfort being absolute or did I mention, about a thousand times now, that life is discomfort to varying levels?

I don't know, did you? Do you try to 'teach' me what I, the idiot, already 'know'? My 'bugbear' if you will, as you rail against the obvious is your apparent shock that there are more, oh god lets use the tired old comparison again, sheep than sheep dogs, indeed more caribou than wolves. It cannot ever be any other way!

Now any wolf pack worth its salt (spot the metaphoer mangling) wouldn't be seen dead hunting caribou when it can so much more easily grab a sheep or two. Of course by hunting sheep the wolves do risk coming into contact with humans who carry guns and have little respect for them. Now any human who knows anything about wolves would know they will pick on the 'weakest' or most isolated prey first then single it out if necessary, separate it from the herd, surround it and then go in for a swift kill. This could be seen as a 'weedling out' service by the humans but strangely they don't seem to like wolves hanging around their sheep and they will shoot or trap the wolves in order to protect them. Now the wolves will either risk hanging around the sheep and losing a few pack members or they will go back to hunting caribou. They may even do a bit of both if they can get away with it.

Am I being obvious?


Quote :
You are my biatch!!!
you want me to rape you. You just don't know how to ask me without losing face.

Play with me dear daddy do......

Oh rape me dear satyr do please. It should be fun for others to watch at least. And that's what they're here for. A spectacle. As for my face; all is already lost on that score!

Inebriate - only once a year on boxing day when all the social interaction has become too much!
Discomfort is unavoidable satyr so one must learn to either live with it; or die. I'm not ready to die, yet. Are you?

Quote :
Discomfort is what drives overcoming and progress and creativity and life and existence.

Thanks, little woman, for telling me what I've been saying for over two years now.

Two whole years? That's not a long time in the general scheme of things. Tell me. Are people listening and responding? Oh yes I know. What do you care? You are indifferent.

Quote :
Maybe next you can "teach" me that there are no absolutes or that there's no center on the wheel.

I do think I'm done with this alias.

Soon I'll be withdrawing altogether from this forum...at least not participating quite as much as I used to.
[/quote]

Teach? Absolutes and wheel centres? What on earth are YOU talking about?
Do you have something to learn do you think? From those who are dumber than you? I doubt it.
BTW when you mention alias; are you referring to yourself here? If not please give an honest opinion.

If you go satyr so shall I. And for a while I shall cry in my soup to dilute it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 am

creasy wrote:

Satyr,
you tend to get banned from sites because you use ad homs regularly and higher than average % of each of your posts is focused on positioning yourself as more intelligent than the people you are arguing/discussing with. Ad homs and implications rather than a consistent focus on the issue at hand and the various posts.
Then you should study the threads where this is so and see that I have been provoked by imbeciles with nothing else to say but cast aspersions concerning my personal life, so as to dismiss my views.

If you were in any way as reasonable as you now pretend to be, you would have seen this.

Quote :
Perhaps it is wrong to try to cut down on ad homs and the kind of dominance behavior you enjoy, but none of that makes your ideas interesting or means that people who banned you were somehow afraid of your genius or really that there is anything new or interesting in what you say.
This aspersion is one regularly used by those that cannot challenge my views and so choose to attack what they think my motives are.

If my views are "interesting" or not, I leave each individual decide for himself; that my views are anything "new" was never, EVER, stated by me.
I think the very idea of uniqueness is tragic. one simply belongs to a different type, that is more or less prevelent or more or less desirable to a community of billions.
some function better in small groups, in more intimate environments and are more selective with what they call friend, brother, father, mother, and towards what they show loyalty and love and compassion.

It's a matter of discriminating tastes. You, have none and so you are a whore giving yourself for practically nothing and finding value in how easily you spread your legs for the right price...you call it your love and you do enjoy it.

It is your way, like the pathetic idiot that you are, to attack me personally, guided by this false sense that you know what I think and why I say the things I do in the way that I do.

Quote :
Both of you,
try going back and avoid ad homs and telling people how smart and interesting and radical your ideas are and how free your minds are, as opposed to theirs. Just lay out your philosophies and see if you get banned.
This "both of you" is a blatant attempt at sycophancy.
He has little to do with me, as McMiserable has nothing to do with me, despite his attempts to make himself and the world beleive that we are alike, and it is only my hypocrisy that prevents me from admitting it.
Both of them are imitators...one more instance of how feminization affects the young by leaving them so bereft of male role models that they cling to the first one they find, trying to emulate it and then kill it, as part of their ascent to the top.
A son must kill his father...as God had to be.

I only speak for myself and say this: My "philosophies" have been laid out repeatedly, concisely (I think) and honestly. The result has always been the childish, attacks my imbeciles, like you, with aspersions as to my sexual life and attacks concerning my, hypothetical, hatred of women...this is the only real response I have faced on these internet forums. A reaction which dismisses a position on the presumptuous and hypocritical grounds that the one expressing the opinion is guided by hatred, whereas they are aloof, rational, unemotional beings in their rejection of them.

They fool themselves as their reaction expresses anxiety and their indifference is is contradicted by the fact that they choose to respond at all.

Quote :
But if it is really key that you want others to know you are better than them, well you've found a nice home where you can tell each other that.
And you can return to your den where, like Faust admitted, no philosophy is really practiced, but you back slap each other, flirt, tell yourselves that discussing Kant for the umpteenth time, or debating "God", yet again, in an endless cycle of repetitive posturing, or by merely mentioning Nietzsche, means that you are all intellectuals, making the title "ILovePhilososphy an adequate one.

Let's talk about Spinoza again because we, as minds, have nothing to say about the world we find ourselves in and so we compensate by discussing what others have said about the world they found themselves in.

Quote :
By the way, a thread where each of you lists the ideas you have that you think are unique might provide some back up for your victim martyr stances.
Oh, and that is how it comes off...
like you each think you are victims. The ubermensches being held down by the sheep.
Idiot, I never claimed to be saying anything unique.

If your insecurity has reached such a low that you need that strawman to make yourself feel better about being part of the majority, the mediocre, boring, many, then this is your thing. It has nothing to do with me and what I've said.

See, moron, this post shows how retards never really said anything concerning my positions, but chose to attack me personally, casting aspersions about what they thought I was saying or what my motives were.
Here, like the misguided moron that you are, you choose to focus not on my opinions but on what you think I think...You claim that I think I am saying, presumably, something unique, when countless times I have repeated that the very idea of uniqueness is absurd.

All ideas, even Einstein's Theory of Relativity and Darwin's Evolution Theory was based on previous works.
Jesus never said anything unique. He just said it when there was fertile ground for this old idea to finally take root.

Nothing is new but is only expressed in different ways.

Quote :
and yes, if some asshole comes to a party at my house and pisses on my carpet, I'll ban him from my house. And if he tells me it was performance art and really deep, I'll show him the clippings of other performance 'artists' who have done the same damn thing. Yawn and the ban still holds.
What if your house is a cesspool of piss and crap?
Would you kick him out for trying to clean it up?

That's exactly what you do. Enjoy the muck.

------------

Isn't it a fascinating social phenomenon that the herd, as it is called, will not tolerate anything that disturbs its peace?
Isn't it indicative of this "dumbing-down" or, I dare say, my Feminization of Man, that those most likely to be accepted and tolerated within a group are those that never, ever, say anything that confronts its self-evident mythologies?
Isn't it an interesting psychological phenomenon that those declaring themselves altruistic and unegotistical express such egos when an alien ego confronts their own?

The bullshit of that ambiance is choking me.

The boring are the most desirable participants within the "business" of forum pretentiousness. Appearances must be kept up.

All others must be silenced, if they cannot show the correct amount of deference to the status quo or to communal rules of pretend respect - because we all know few of you actually respect one another.
Whereas personal insinuations are tolerated when directed towards those shit-disturbers but they are not tolerated when they are reciprocated.
A society is judged, after all, by how well it protects its weakest members.

Weakness is fostered and allowed to run amok, spewing all sorts of inanities and thinknig of itself invulnerable until someone shoves its face in the mud...then it goes crying tot he authorities claiming its "rights" have been violated or that the other has stopped playing by the agreed upon rules.

What a wonderful display of exactly what I was saying to Faust earlier:
Enter creasy, well known for its drops of wisdom and posts that do not bother anyone because they really do not say anything other than repeat the accepted as "self-evident" truisms...and what does it have to say?

Nothing more than to cast personal aspersions, yet again. Aspersions that comfort it and its mediocrity.
It's mode of attack is to imply that I think - it thinks - am saying somehting unique or new.
This is its attempt to "hurt" me, personally, based on its superficial analysis of me, through my writings.

Have I ever said I was saying anything unique or new? No.

Have I ever presented myself as the ideal male or as a not emasculated male? No.

Have I ever said that I hold the solutions to the phenomena I describe or that I can lead anyone to salvation? No.

Have I ever claimed to be more intelligent than everyone? No, but I have claimed that I am more intelligent than most.
it is these 'most" that come out of the woodwork to then "put me in my place"...because the illusion that they are just as smart as anyone else must be maintained and those smarter than them, not me, play along for the sake of harmonious coexistence.

Have I ever attacked anyone without provocation or them choosing to direct their comments to me rather than to my thesis? No, but I have been resented for being a formidable opponent even in this childish arena, when the other prefers to engage me on that level.
When their feminine games fail to have the effect they had hoped, they turn defensively righteous, playing the innocent victims of bullying when it was they that instigated the entire affair that got their nose bloodied.

Have I ever said that I am dangerous? No, but I do think ideas are dangerous to certain ideals and to certain mnids.


In the end, if you people just want to gather around the electronic campfire, exchange a few songs and dances, joke around and casually drop a few famous names as part of your pretense that something productive is being done, then ILP is the right place for it; if talking about getting high, or how happy you all are or how evil the world is or how equal you all should be, is your idea of progressive thinking, then ILP is certainly the place for you; if hiding your nihilistic principles behind the illusion of optimism and hopefulness is what you want, then ILP is perfect.

The authorities there will certainly tolerate your duplicity, just as much as they will not tolerate the exposure of the duplicity. The ambiance is at stake. It's a business, after all, and all money making enterprises must attract the average, docile, stupid dolt.

I can accept the self-serving, honest, egotism of a conservative, but the duplicitous, naive, pretentious, "selfless", posturing lies of a liberal sicken me.

Then, anyone who ruins your party can be accused of having no sense of humor, being crass or thinking himself as unique...better still accuse them of hating your child-like goodness and good natured fun.

That'll teach 'em.


Last edited by Satyr on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:07 am

maryshelley wrote:


I made an observation and declared it.
You win?
Shit, this is the tenth time that happens to me.

Quote :
Quite easily, I imagine.

I prefer an 'honest opinion'. I just know there is no such thing......but do keep deluding yourself that YOU are in possession of one.
Here is another one of my not so honest opinions:

You are an idiot.

I imagine the only opinion you consider "honest" is the one that buys into your illness and repeats it endlessly with trite declarations like "I know you are" - "Life sucks" - "I know you hate life, admit it!"

This argumentative style has proven quite effective...in annoying everyone.

Quote :
A 'sock puppet'? Of what? Myself? I was attempting to have conversations. You are the most interesting thing on the internet are you not?
Am I?
Then get a life.

Quote :
I just don't find calling someone stupid; intelligent.
Maybe not intelligent but very honest.
Calling you intelligent would be a dishonest lie with ulterior motives.

But I do find you very wise. rendeer

Quote :
That sounds suspiciously like a declaration and you don't like those. An honest opinion is not an argument either. Is it?
An honest opinion is just that...an expression of a mind's reaction to a stimulation based on its awareness of it and of its own feelings towards it.

I can honestly say, being one that is very self-aware and that has had many experiences with people like you, you are a simpleton.
The posts you offer prove it.

My rational arguments I leave for those that can offer me counter-arguments more effective and well-thought out than: "You hate life, just like I do...but you can't admit it." - "All is unreal" - "You are not unique" - "Satyr is a genius *smirk*..*wink-wink*"

I respond in kind. So far my responses reflect your choices in engaging me.

The reason you are even engaging me is because of my arguments in other threads. You seek to dismiss them the only way you can, based on your understanding of them and your understanding of your own reactions to them.
You seek to shame them into silence using emotional methods.

Quote :
Depends what they are saying about santa claus doesn't it?
Yes, well wasting my time with children can be entertaining once in a while, I admit, but only for long. Then their repetitive whining and crying and simplistic declarations that Santa does exist and that he DOES lives on the North Pole with a troop of elves, becomes so pathetic that you have to just say: "Listen kid, you are a simpleton and a childish mind...go away!"

That's when the parents show up to kick you off the premises because you dared insult their retarded child.
They may even call the cops...and Faust appears. The kindergarten cop.

Quote :
The eye and the limp would make little difference to the sheep.
Let's change metaphors then, because I still find entertainment in playing with you...would a weakling be afraid of a stronger man if that man were blind, deaf, had both hands tied behind his back and a police officer, Faust, was there to prevent a massacre?

Quote :
Cariacature, where?
Wolves are, indeed social animals. Lone wolves don't last long. They prefer packs. Heirarchical ones. Don't they? Dogs are like that too, even sheep dogs. Of course if I wanted to talk in metaphorical or cliched terms then I might add that some wolves are able to don the clothes of sheep. It's an ill fit though.
That's when they become exposed by sheep-dogs working for the farmer. Damn dogs. Part of them must feel embarrassed for having surrendered to another for survival's sake.

That's when the wolves are run off the property, or killed, because they disturb the "ambiance" and sheep jeer at them, from behind their fences "You aren't so unique!!!. " - "You are ill."

Quote :
Oh I followed it all right. I don't even 'know' this Faust fellow. I felt for him a little though.
Isn't he cute?
Boring as hell, but charming.

Quote :
And sleep will give you comfort when all else fails. Counting sheep can help.....
You are... one....

Quote :
You quoted your own words back. Not mine.
But all humans are hypocrites. They can't help themselves.
All humans are hypocrites when dealing with other human beings.
For instance I am pretending you are interesting...when you are merely entertaining.

Quote :
I don't know, did you? Do you try to 'teach' me what I, the idiot, already 'know'? My 'bugbear' if you will, as you rail against the obvious is your apparent shock that there are more, oh god lets use the tired old comparison again, sheep than sheep dogs, indeed more caribou than wolves. It cannot ever be any other way!
Teaching you is none of my affair.

I only respond to your words. They show what you know, or knew, and what you never did.

Quote :
Now any wolf pack worth its salt (spot the metaphoer mangling) wouldn't be seen dead hunting caribou when it can so much more easily grab a sheep or two.
Path of least resistance, girly.
A law of nature.

Quote :
Of course by hunting sheep the wolves do risk coming into contact with humans who carry guns and have little respect for them. Now any human who knows anything about wolves would know they will pick on the 'weakest' or most isolated prey first then single it out if necessary, separate it from the herd, surround it and then go in for a swift kill. This could be seen as a 'weedling out' service by the humans but strangely they don't seem to like wolves hanging around their sheep and they will shoot or trap the wolves in order to protect them.
That's because the farmer wants to be the one that feeds on the herd's weakest. It's his herd. He has put much effort in fencing it in, breeding it to become productive and manageable, and in keeping it free from ticks and diseases.

Quote :
Now the wolves will either risk hanging around the sheep and losing a few pack members or they will go back to hunting caribou. They may even do a bit of both if they can get away with it.

Am I being obvious?
Here is where I am obvious:

In today's world of globalizing farms...wild game is scarce and all herds live within man made enclosures where hunting is strictly controlled.

Caribou are rare and their numbers can support only so many wolves.
Most wolves have to go back to wearing sheep's skins and mingle with the sheep, taking on their smell, until the farmer and his dogs can't tell them apart.
Some get caught and are shot on sight or they are captured and put into zoos where children can point at them in wonderment.

You see, this is how dogs came to be. They were originally wolves that donned sheep skins. They wore them for so long that they began thinking of themselves as a different variety of sheep.
Black-sheep...special sheep. Part of, but better.
That's when the man domesticated them and made them into another farm animal - breeding it, like he did his sheep.

The dog, used to his servile status and wanting to ensure its continuing feeding with the flesh of those he defends and thinks are just like it, drives away all that threaten the herd, at his master's behest.

He eats cooked meat so that the delusion of association persists. Allow it to taste blood and it might turn on the sheep.
But all resistance has been weeded out of it. Years of careful eugenics have made it controllable.

Quote :
Two whole years? That's not a long time in the general scheme of things. Tell me. Are people listening and responding? Oh yes I know. What do you care? You are indifferent.
You would be surprised...but your question reeks of need.

Is that your standard in measuring value...if it is bought by others?
A mercantile attitude, ingrained within you from years of servitude, no less.

Does your self-esteem rest so comfortably on the appreciation of others? Then your contentment must be such a burden upon you. Trying to be liked by finding a product the majority will need, can be fatiguing.
Forever a Jew.
Your self-love forever linked to another and so you the slave of another.

What a revealing question.
I bet it soothes your fragile, dependent ego, to think of my opinions as not appreciated by anyone else but me.
But, like I said, you would be surprised.

Quote :
Do you have something to learn do you think? From those who are dumber than you? I doubt it.
Do you have something to say, worth learning? I doubt it.

I regularly learn from those that are dumber than me...first thing I learn is to avoid being like them.
I even learn from watching other animals interact and just be.

But what is left to learn from domesticated animals who behave in prescribed ways, while thinking of themselves as individuals and Free-thinkers?
They take their uniformity, forced upon them by the farmer, as evidence of equality. They take their training the farmer has either bred or beaten into them, as proof that they all have the same potentials and so the same rights.

Well, under the farmer's rules they do, because his standard is their usefulness to him and so these docile beasts compete over who is the most productive to him. This pleases the farmer to no end.
Now, he doesn't have to intervene and beat them or select the attributes he finds desirable, but the animals do it for him. They judge each other using his standards and by keeping his pleasure in mind...because he rewards them for it.

They discipline each other when one of them dares challenge the farmer's rules.
They run any escapees down and return them to the barn.
They breed each other to be as productive and docile as they possibly be. Their full adders evidence of their value.

Then, what difference does being a pig or being a sheep or a horse or a dog make?
All are equal under the farm's rules and are judged by their specialized performance in reference to the farmer's needs.

That's how dumb they are.

Quote :
BTW when you mention alias; are you referring to yourself here? If not please give an honest opinion.
No. I've used the same alias for about two years now. I only change it when it is taken or when I wish to play, after a banishment. That never lasts long.

My only other alias was Wanderer...which I, sometimes, still use.

How about you, little girl?
How many persona do you hide behind?

Quote :
If you go satyr so shall I. And for a while I shall cry in my soup to dilute it.
There, there, little brain....that ain't soup at all, little girl. That is the urine and feces of your own kind. You lap it up and enjoy its sweet and sour taste. you munch on it and pass it through your system...because you need to feed another of your own kind who awaits yuor bowl movement to fill its belly.

If your palate is numb enough, as it apparently is, you will find it quite hardy and pleasantly pungent.
It will be as nectar on your docile tongue.

Culture used to refer to nurtured tastes..It's been exposed as the slow elimination of all taste.
The leveling of man continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 am

Satyr - my reaction to all this drivel is "So what?"

Let's accept your premise that you are somehow "stronger" than the rest.

What has that to do with philosophy?

"You're an idiot" is not philosophy. Philosophy is about the ideas, and not about the thinker. You have been provoked? The wolf is provoked by the sheep? He must defend himself from sheep? This metaphor has some problems. Wolves attack sheep to eat them - not for sport. Wolves are noble that way. Humans are not.

Children, most of them, know the difference between the toys and the toy store. They know that the toys are to play with, and the store is not. Nor are the other people in the store toys. Failures do occur. Blame the parents, blame a learning disability, blame a chemical imbalance. When the child misbehaves too badly to tolerate, he is ejected. But that's not about the toys - it's about the kid and the store.

ILP is the toy store and not the toy.

This is not difficult.

The child who screams the loudest is not the strongest kid - he is the weakest. He is the most important only because his signal to noise ratio is the highest. He is merely the most annoying. Not the best player.

Now, by happenstance, he may be a good player. It's just that if he is also constantly throwing tantrums, no one cares anymore.

If he comes to believe that the store was brought into existence only for him, for his values, he will not be welcome into the store. But no one will care what he does at home. No one in the store will care, anyway.

And this is a value that the child will not agree with, to be sure. But he will have victimised himself only.

As a bartender, I have shut a few people off and thrown a few people out. But that doesn't mean I think they are bad people. Just bad drunks.

There is no moral value here - only the house rules. It's not about the alcohol - it's about how the drinker handles it.

ILP is not philosophy - it's a website. It's not the drink but the barroom.

Mostly, when people are being "protected", it is not from philosophy, intelligence or strength - it's from an annoying fly buzzing around. Call that fly important if you like. The fly probably thinks he's important. The fly might even think he is strong.

But really, he's just a fly.

Or a bad drunk.

Or an obnoxious patron.

Or too strong a cool breeze through the window.

Or any other little annoyance that would be better gone.

But the breeze can turn warmer, the drunk can sober up, the obnoxious patron can learn politesse.

That's not up to me.

How many ways are there to say "Fuck you" without uttering an oath? For the clever, countless ways. The dull-witted have fewer choices.

And who takes a punch better - the weak or the strong?

No one likes a boxer who hits below the belt - there's no sport in it. Street fighters are a dime a dozen. They are ordinary - they are boring. They, like the wolf, fight only to survive. A boxer makes fighting an art. And art is all about limits.

Who is more clever - the child who gets the toy by subtle manipulation, or the child who throws the tantrum? When is such desperation warranted?

Who is more interesting?

Who is, in the end, stronger?

You're an underachiever, Satyr - which I mean as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 83
Location : Maidan Nezalezhnosti
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:02 am

Pseudo-Faust wrote:
ILP is the toy store and not the toy.

No, no, no. The desire to kill God is the desire of the message to 'turn round' and talk the medium. This is just what philosophy is; if an e-philosopher doesn't start to toy around with the BBS, he's completely missed philosophy.


Last edited by Taras on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:03 am

Faust wrote:
Satyr - my reaction to all this drivel is "So what?"

Let's accept your premise that you are somehow "stronger" than the rest.

What has that to do with philosophy?
An opinion is judged by the STRENGTH of its arguments and the POWER of its evidence.
That's what it has to do with it. Debate is a competition. debate has to result in real life consequences.

Only the institutionalized indulge in philosophical debate for fun...because for them none of it has practical significance. They are already submissive to a philosophical position, which they live in accordance with unquestioningly, and only use these theses as brain-candy...mind-farting all over the place.

They are indifferent to them because they are protected from them.

Quote :
"You're an idiot" is not philosophy. Philosophy is about the ideas, and not about the thinker. You have been provoked? The wolf is provoked by the sheep? He must defend himself from sheep? This metaphor has some problems. Wolves attack sheep to eat them - not for sport. Wolves are noble that way. Humans are not.
Once more you fail to follow the metaphor through.

The wolf depends on the sheep for sustenance....the sheep provoke when they jeer at wolves from behind protective compounds, imagining that the wolf cannot arm them because they, THEY as individual sheep, are formidable. They taunt from behind fences put up by men with guns, possessing packs of dogs, like you. The wolf domain is dwindling. He is captured behind surrounding farms. He is forced to hunt amongst urban settings. Dogs, like you, try to stop him, inciting their master's moral codes and rules of social conduct.

You are a kept animal, dear Faust...a pathetic little hound dog.
It must give you great satisfaction to belong to that group.

Quote :
Children, most of them, know the difference between the toys and the toy store. They know that the toys are to play with, and the store is not. Nor are the other people in the store toys. Failures do occur. Blame the parents, blame a learning disability, blame a chemical imbalance. When the child misbehaves too badly to tolerate, he is ejected. But that's not about the toys - it's about the kid and the store.
The store, to use your metaphor, caters to the child. The child is its bread and butter. So it protects the child from being told that the toys are bad for it or from anything that disrupts the market.

You are the clerk.

Quote :
ILP is the toy store and not the toy.
It is the toy of Carleas. You work for him. You defend his principles.

Quote :
This is not difficult.
But for you it is.

Quote :
The child who screams the loudest is not the strongest kid - he is the weakest. He is the most important only because his signal to noise ratio is the highest. He is merely the most annoying. Not the best player.
Did you read anything I said or did you purposefully ignore it?

How well you defend stupidity and its right to be as stupid as it pleases. Taunting and implied insults are ignored by you, they are within the rules, but have someone react to it, and you cry bloody murder.
Have these children be made to cry...and you rush to throw the intruder from the premises.

You blame me for beating the children, you are part of, at their own games?

Quote :
Now, by happenstance, he may be a good player. It's just that if he is also constantly throwing tantrums, no one cares anymore.
The only "tantrums" you noticed were mine?

Quote :
If he comes to believe that the store was brought into existence only for him, for his values, he will not be welcome into the store. But no one will care what he does at home. No one in the store will care, anyway.
You caring or not caring doesn't matter to me.
You think yourself that important?

The only thing important about you, and it is why i even pay attention to you, is that you are a moderator. Your status within a system. That is the significance of the weakling...his participation within a group; your reputation and persona within it...your acting.

Quote :
There is no moral value here - only the house rules. It's not about the alcohol - it's about how the drinker handles it.
And in a bar room full of drunks the sober one get's thrown out for spoiling all the fun.
They have no humor - how was it put? - they don't have fun. There's no discussion happening in a room full of drunks, where even the bartender is sloshed and the owner in under the table. there's only adolescent banter and "I love yous" being thrown around, with a weak punch or two that is quickly stopped, resulting in weeping fests and hugs all around.

but get up and scream:
"You are all drunk!!!" and see how many attack you. defend yourself and the bartender throws you out on the pretense that you've had one too many and that you are being aggressive with the patrons. You are bad for business.

Any excuse to get you outside and save the party from sobriety.

Quote :
ILP is not philosophy - it's a website. It's not the drink but the barroom.
The most honest thing you've said so far.

The title, is a marketing ploy, meant to make the participants believe that something intellectual is occurring when all that is occurring is social interaction.
There is no philosophy going on and certainly no love of it; there is talk about philosophy going on, like a braggart talks about all the women he's fucked when nobody has ever seen him with one.

Quote :
Mostly, when people are being "protected", it is not from philosophy, intelligence or strength - it's from an annoying fly buzzing around. Call that fly important if you like. The fly probably thinks he's important. The fly might even think he is strong.
You can justify it any way you pelase. You are still your master's dog. No thinking necessary...just following. In fact thinking is discouraged...it might ruin the fun.

Hey, wheres the Blank Slate to *beep* and *fart* us into hysterics with his charming antics and one-liners and links?

Quote :
Or any other little annoyance that would be better gone.
The herd is disturbed by anything that exposes its truths as lies.

Better to be inebriated and accuse the sober of being the one out of his mind.

Quote :
How many ways are there to say "Fuck you" without uttering an oath? For the clever, countless ways. The dull-witted have fewer choices.
Only if the other deserves such creativity.

The thick do not grasp subtlety...they need directness.
The inebriated do not feel a slight touch...they do feel a punch. You can't have a conversation in a room full of drunks...you have to scream to be heard.

Quote :
And who takes a punch better - the weak or the strong?
What about the mutiple pinches from hundreds of weaklings?
How many can you ignore, swat away with subtle words, or tolerate?

How many children pinching at your groin can you take before you punch one in the face?
Then you are the aggressor.

Quote :
No one likes a boxer who hits below the belt - there's no sport in it. Street fighters are a dime a dozen. They are ordinary - they are boring. They, like the wolf, fight only to survive. A boxer makes fighting an art. And art is all about limits.
Limits are man made. It is there that you stop.
You put on the breaks when you run across the farmer's fences.
"Forbidden" is painted on its signs. Do not pass this limit...or else!!!

Quote :
Who is more clever - the child who gets the toy by subtle manipulation, or the child who throws the tantrum? When is such desperation warranted?
When amongst children no subtlety will work. Slaps and threats have to be used.
Have you ever been in a room full of toddlers?

Quote :
Who is more interesting?
To you, the mediocre that says nothing beyond the limits and that plays nice with the other kids.

Quote :
Who is, in the end, stronger?
This is how weaklings turn their own weakness into a virtue, a strength.
See how predictable you are?
How many times have I described the exact tactic you are employing now?
In your embarrassment, for having been exposed, you turn your shame into pride by invoking a communal decree.

Your pride is that you belong to a majority.

Quote :
You're an underachiever, Satyr - which I mean as a compliment.
I lack ambition to belong to your world.
You are a weakling and a conformist, boring, moron...which is meant as flattery using your own standards.
In your case stupidity is intelligence, because, as Orwell predicted, that's what happens in farms to protect the animals from the realization that they are really slaves and that their safety is more a result of their surrender than their value.

Go back and try to be funny. You are, even, bad at that.

I remember now...you were amused when I was being sarcastic to others, once upon a time. Back when you weren't a moderator and all that authoritarian responsibility hadn't infected your small brain.

You aren't there to discuss anything relevant; you are there to have fun.
You aren't there to grow; you are there to reinforce your stagnation, justify it and excuse it...twisting it into progress.
Your stupidity is your enlightenment; your retardation yuor maturity; your submission, your empowerment; your ignorance, your wisdom; your productivity, your worth.

My mistake.
As you were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
The Fool
Administrator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 368
Age : 30
Location : United States Midwest
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:34 am

Quote :
Satyr said:

What happened to all those wide-eyed youngsters of the sixties, full of love and open to the universe's possibilities and adventure?
Did they grow up to be sad businessmen holding onto their investments for dear life and going through their mid-life crisis desperately holding onto their lost youth?

So that's what you think of the hippies in the sixties too? Smile

What happened to all the hippies in the sixties?

They all growed up and became born again christians or worse republicans. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dissidentsphilosophy.alldiscussion.net
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:42 am

[quote="Satyr"]


Quote :
Shit, this is the tenth time that happens to me.

Ah satyr you make me laugh and cry in equal measure.



Quote :
Here is another one of my not so honest opinions:

You are an idiot.

I imagine the only opinion you consider "honest" is the one that buys into your illness and repeats it endlessly with trite declarations like "I know you are" - "Life sucks" - "I know you hate life, admit it!"

This argumentative style has proven quite effective...in annoying everyone.

An opinion that comes from the 'heart' is an honest one. There are informed opinions and misinformed opinions. You are entitled to your opinion of me. It is misinformed in my opinion.

I don't believe you hate life. I do believe you hate people because you've said as much. Lots of them as is your will. I just believe, honestly, that hating people is such a waste of energy but it is a good defense mechanism I suppose. Now please do be honest; in the couple of dozen 'interactions' that we've had you have never heard me say;'i know you are' 'life sucks' or 'i know you hate life admit it' or words to that effect. Never.

You are the most interesting thing on the internet are you not?
Quote :
Am I?
Then get a life.

Perhaps I should have said 'on the forums' then.




Quote :
Maybe not intelligent but very honest.
Calling you intelligent would be a dishonest lie with ulterior motives.

But I do find you very wise. rendeer

What, prey, is a dishonest lie but honesty? Feel free to call me intelligent. It might make me feel good.

A wise reindeer wouldn't 'buy into' santa now would it?


Quote :
An honest opinion is just that...an expression of a mind's reaction to a stimulation based on its awareness of it and of its own feelings towards it.

And what, then, is knowledge? Does it differ from an opinion in any way?

Quote :
I can honestly say, being one that is very self-aware and that has had many experiences with people like you, you are a simpleton.
The posts you offer prove it.

Forgive me for I know not what I do.

Quote :
My rational arguments I leave for those that can offer me counter-arguments more effective and well-thought out than: "You hate life, just like I do...but you can't admit it." - "All is unreal" - "You are not unique" - "Satyr is a genius *smirk*..*wink-wink*"

You misinterpret. You project what others have said onto me for some reason. I haven't said or implied any of those things. You are unique in the literal sense that all organisms are unique. A genius? That's a big word to bat around just for effect. There certainly aren't many of those around..... Your views are not as unique as you think they are in my honest opinion. Perhaps it is that they are not so often expressed these days and so in that sense are unique.

Quote :
I respond in kind. So far my responses reflect your choices in engaging me.

Really? Is that what you think?

Quote :
The reason you are even engaging me is because of my arguments in other threads. You seek to dismiss them the only way you can, based on your understanding of them and your understanding of your own reactions to them.
You seek to shame them into silence using emotional methods.

Do you think I want to dismiss and silence you? Really? By using emotion? God I really do hate internet forumses.


Quote :
Yes, well wasting my time with children can be entertaining once in a while, I admit, but only for long. Then their repetitive whining and crying and simplistic declarations that Santa does exist and that he DOES lives on the North Pole with a troop of elves, becomes so pathetic that you have to just say: "Listen kid, you are a simpleton and a childish mind...go away!"
That's when the parents show up to kick you off the premises because you dared insult their retarded child.
They may even call the cops...and Faust appears. The kindergarten cop.

Did something nasty happen over at ILP? I only went there a couple of times. Didn't like it much to be honest.


Quote :
Let's change metaphors then, because I still find entertainment in playing with you...would a weakling be afraid of a stronger man if that man were blind, deaf, had both hands tied behind his back and a police officer, Faust, was there to prevent a massacre?

Sheep bleat and have soft, warm wool. They flock together.



Quote :
That's when they become exposed by sheep-dogs working for the farmer. Damn dogs. Part of them must feel embarrassed for having surrendered to another for survival's sake.

That's when the wolves are run off the property, or killed, because they disturb the "ambiance" and sheep jeer at them, from behind their fences "You aren't so unique!!!. " - "You are ill."

Dogs, like wolves, seek only a pack to belong to. Caribou and sheep; a herd.

Quote :
I don't even 'know' this Faust fellow. I felt for him a little though.
Isn't he cute?
Boring as hell, but charming.

Is he? I don't know. Charm can accomplish many things in the right context.

Quote :
And sleep will give you comfort when all else fails. Counting sheep can help.....
You are... one....


Baa baa black sheep have you any wool?
Yes sir yes sir three bags full.
One for the master.
One for the dame.
And one for the little boy who lives down the lane.


Quote :
All humans are hypocrites when dealing with other human beings.
For instance I am pretending you are interesting...when you are merely entertaining.

Mary mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row.


Quote :
I only respond to your words. They show what you know, or knew, and what you never did.

To know and not to act. What is that exactly?


Quote :
You would be surprised...but your question reeks of need.

Would I be surprised?

Quote :
Is that your standard in measuring value...if it is bought by others?
A mercantile attitude, ingrained within you from years of servitude, no less.

I asked if anyone was listening. Have you answered my question yet?

Quote :
Does your self-esteem rest so comfortably on the appreciation of others? Then your contentment must be such a burden upon you. Trying to be liked by finding a product the majority will need, can be fatiguing.
Forever a Jew.
Your self-love forever linked to another and so you the slave of another.

Am I content? Do I love myself? Come on now satyr. Am I? Do I?


Quote :
I bet it soothes your fragile, dependent ego, to think of my opinions as not appreciated by anyone else but me.
But, like I said, you would be surprised.

Surprise me then.

Quote :
I regularly learn from those that are dumber than me...first thing I learn is to avoid being like them.
I even learn from watching other animals interact and just be.

I love watching animals. I am less interested in the human variety.


Quote :
No. I've used the same alias for about two years now. I only change it when it is taken or when I wish to play, after a banishment. That never lasts long.

My only other alias was Wanderer...which I, sometimes, still use.

How about you, little girl?
How many persona do you hide behind?

Here; or there? IRL? Or wherever you imagine I hide.



If you go satyr so shall I. And for a while I shall cry in my soup to dilute it.

Quote :
There, there, little brain....that ain't soup at all, little girl. That is the urine and feces of your own kind. You lap it up and enjoy its sweet and sour taste. you munch on it and pass it through your system...because you need to feed another of your own kind who awaits yuor bowl movement to fill its belly.

If your palate is numb enough, as it apparently is, you will find it quite hardy and pleasantly pungent.
It will be as nectar on your docile tongue.

Culture used to refer to nurtured tastes..It's been exposed as the slow elimination of all taste.
The leveling of man continues.

Now then satyr demands honesty and meets it with what? **

I shall repeat myslef as a satyr is sometimes deafened by the sound of its own voice.

If you go satyr. I shall cry. In my soup. The soup that was on my lap when as I wrote. The soup I cooked with the ingredients I grew. I don't piss where I eat. And I don't eat shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:35 am

[quote="maryshelley"]
Satyr wrote:



Quote :
Shit, this is the tenth time that happens to me.

Ah satyr you make me laugh and cry in equal measure.
Oh darling, this you make me "laugh and cry" is also old and overused.

Get some new material.

Quote :
An opinion that comes from the 'heart' is an honest one. There are informed opinions and misinformed opinions. You are entitled to your opinion of me. It is misinformed in my opinion.
No shit, babycakes.

An opinion, darling, is only as good as the mind that produced it.
That's why some judgments are considered superior to others.

There is no equality in opinions, no matter how much you or tentative would like to use perspectivism to defend your inferior judgments and equate all opinions as being merely opinions.

Quote :
I don't believe you hate life. I do believe you hate people because you've said as much. Lots of them as is your will. I just believe, honestly, that hating people is such a waste of energy but it is a good defense mechanism I suppose.
I also hate eggplant...is that a 'defensive mechanism' as well?

Darling, the ways you use to dismiss me is not my affair.
If you accuse me of being afraid, then you deny the fear behind your own opinions and the fact that courage is a way of coping with fear, not the absence of it.
Now you use the "defensive mechanism" accusation, as if your opinions are not full of defensiveness.

Defense is what secures. but there are succesful and unsuccessful defensive methods, just as there are honest and hypocritical ones.
You are a hypocrite.
You use insinuation, as you just did, to imply that you are other than that...when your actions say differently.

Quote :
Now please do be honest; in the couple of dozen 'interactions' that we've had you have never heard me say;'i know you are' 'life sucks' or 'i know you hate life admit it' or words to that effect. Never.
Babycakes, I deal with you as being part of a general type. you as an individual are not interesting to me in any way.

This is why my answers contain responses to others of your ilk.

Quote :
You are the most interesting thing on the internet are you not?
Quote :
Am I?
Then get a life.

Perhaps I should have said 'on the forums' then.
Do I care what you find interesting?
but you are here responding to me...so you must either find me interesting or threatening...then you can say I merely amuse you, to avoid it all.

Quote :
What, prey, is a dishonest lie but honesty? Feel free to call me intelligent. It might make me feel good.

A wise reindeer wouldn't 'buy into' santa now would it?
No, but it may buy into Santa being emptiness.

Quote :
And what, then, is knowledge? Does it differ from an opinion in any way?
Knowledge is an opinino that references a common reality, explains it and can be used to predict it. It is useful.

Saying all is an illusion is a "defensive mechanism" with no reference to reality, in fact a dismissal of reality as unreal, and a coping method.
It's faith based religion.

If you or anyone can provide me of a single instance of nothingness, or somethingness, or a core or emptiness or an absolute or a one or a life with no need/suffering, and if any of you can explain why the senses evolve at all if they are to fool us, then i am all ears.

Until then, shut the fuck up!!!!

Quote :
You misinterpret. You project what others have said onto me for some reason. I haven't said or implied any of those things. You are unique in the literal sense that all organisms are unique. A genius? That's a big word to bat around just for effect. There certainly aren't many of those around..... Your views are not as unique as you think they are in my honest opinion. Perhaps it is that they are not so often expressed these days and so in that sense are unique.
Name one "unique" opinion.

Quote :
Really? Is that what you think?
Didn't I just say so?

I respond in kind, dear. This too is what I think.

Quote :
Do you think I want to dismiss and silence you? Really? By using emotion? God I really do hate internet forumses.
Then point to one of your unemotional responses.
Quote :

Did something nasty happen over at ILP? I only went there a couple of times. Didn't like it much to be honest.
Nah, just playing with the idiots there, who now consider themselves healthy because they are part of a group.

Nothing seriuos ever goes on over there.

Even their debates are fun and games:
"Okay today we'll be the cowboys and you guys be the Indians and tomorrow we'll be the Indians and you guys be the cowboys"

Their opinions have no significance because they have no personal ramifications.
Philosophy, for them, is just pretending and playing for fun. It has no connection, for them, to the real world. It's just fantasy role-playing.

Quote :
Would I be surprised?
Based on your earlier comment, i think you would be surprised.

Quote :
I asked if anyone was listening. Have you answered my question yet?
I repeat:
You would be surprised.

You think mass circulation is what I seek?

I'm an elitist, idiot; I'm selective...do you understand what that means?

Quote :
Am I content? Do I love myself? Come on now satyr. Am I? Do I?
No....and No.

Quote :
I love watching animals. I am less interested in the human variety.
The human animal is quickly becomnig the only one left.

Quote :
Here; or there? IRL? Or wherever you imagine I hide.
Is that an answer?

Quote :
Now then satyr demands honesty and meets it with what? **
Little girl, more honesty than that, demands a level of trust.

Quote :
I shall repeat myslef as a satyr is sometimes deafened by the sound of its own voice.

If you go satyr. I shall cry. In my soup. The soup that was on my lap when as I wrote. The soup I cooked with the ingredients I grew. I don't piss where I eat. And I don't eat shit.
Good for you. If you ever manage to grow an idea I can share, let me know.
Until then I'll have to make do with the canned variety.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 540
Age : 51
Location : The Edge
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:35 am

maryshelley wrote:


Ah satyr you make me laugh and cry in equal measure.
Oh darling, this you make me "laugh and cry" is also old and overused.

Get some new material.

Quote :
An opinion that comes from the 'heart' is an honest one. There are informed opinions and misinformed opinions. You are entitled to your opinion of me. It is misinformed in my opinion.
No shit, babycakes.

An opinion, darling, is only as good as the mind that produced it.
That's why some judgments are considered superior to others.

There is no equality in opinions, no matter how much you or tentative would like to use perspectivism to defend your inferior judgments and equate all opinions as being merely opinions.

Quote :
I don't believe you hate life. I do believe you hate people because you've said as much. Lots of them as is your will. I just believe, honestly, that hating people is such a waste of energy but it is a good defense mechanism I suppose.
I also hate eggplant...is that a 'defensive mechanism' as well?

Darling, the ways you use to dismiss me is not my affair.
If you accuse me of being afraid, then you deny the fear behind your own opinions and the fact that courage is a way of coping with fear, not the absence of it.
Now you use the "defensive mechanism" accusation, as if your opinions are not full of defensiveness.

Defense is what secures. but there are succesful and unsuccessful defensive methods, just as there are honest and hypocritical ones.
You are a hypocrite.
You use insinuation, as you just did, to imply that you are other than that...when your actions say differently.

Quote :
Now please do be honest; in the couple of dozen 'interactions' that we've had you have never heard me say;'i know you are' 'life sucks' or 'i know you hate life admit it' or words to that effect. Never.
Babycakes, I deal with you as being part of a general type. you as an individual are not interesting to me in any way.

This is why my answers contain responses to others of your ilk.

Quote :
You are the most interesting thing on the internet are you not?
Quote :
Am I?
Then get a life.

Perhaps I should have said 'on the forums' then.
Do I care what you find interesting?
but you are here responding to me...so you must either find me interesting or threatening...then you can say I merely amuse you, to avoid it all.

Quote :
What, prey, is a dishonest lie but honesty? Feel free to call me intelligent. It might make me feel good.

A wise reindeer wouldn't 'buy into' santa now would it?
No, but it may buy into Santa being emptiness.

Quote :
And what, then, is knowledge? Does it differ from an opinion in any way?
Knowledge is an opinino that references a common reality, explains it and can be used to predict it. It is useful.

Saying all is an illusion is a "defensive mechanism" with no reference to reality, in fact a dismissal of reality as unreal, and a coping method.
It's faith based religion.

If you or anyone can provide me of a single instance of nothingness, or somethingness, or a core or emptiness or an absolute or a one or a life with no need/suffering, and if any of you can explain why the senses evolve at all if they are to fool us, then i am all ears.

Until then, shut the fuck up!!!!

Quote :
You misinterpret. You project what others have said onto me for some reason. I haven't said or implied any of those things. You are unique in the literal sense that all organisms are unique. A genius? That's a big word to bat around just for effect. There certainly aren't many of those around..... Your views are not as unique as you think they are in my honest opinion. Perhaps it is that they are not so often expressed these days and so in that sense are unique.
Name one "unique" opinion.

Quote :
Really? Is that what you think?
Didn't I just say so?

I respond in kind, dear. This too is what I think.

Quote :
Do you think I want to dismiss and silence you? Really? By using emotion? God I really do hate internet forumses.
Then point to one of your unemotional responses.
Quote :

Did something nasty happen over at ILP? I only went there a couple of times. Didn't like it much to be honest.
Nah, just playing with the idiots there, who now consider themselves healthy because they are part of a group.

Nothing seriuos ever goes on over there.

Even their debates are fun and games:
"Okay today we'll be the cowboys and you guys be the Indians and tomorrow we'll be the Indians and you guys be the cowboys"

Their opinions have no significance because they have no personal ramifications.
Philosophy, for them, is just pretending and playing for fun. It has no connection, for them, to the real world. It's just fantasy role-playing.

Quote :
Would I be surprised?
Based on your earlier comment, i think you would be surprised.

Quote :
I asked if anyone was listening. Have you answered my question yet?
I repeat:
You would be surprised.

You think mass circulation is what I seek?

I'm an elitist, idiot; I'm selective...do you understand what that means?

Quote :
Am I content? Do I love myself? Come on now satyr. Am I? Do I?
No....and No.

Quote :
I love watching animals. I am less interested in the human variety.
The human animal is quickly becomnig the only one left.

Quote :
Here; or there? IRL? Or wherever you imagine I hide.
Is that an answer?

Quote :
Now then satyr demands honesty and meets it with what? **
Little girl, more honesty than that, demands a level of trust.

Quote :
I shall repeat myslef as a satyr is sometimes deafened by the sound of its own voice.

If you go satyr. I shall cry. In my soup. The soup that was on my lap when as I wrote. The soup I cooked with the ingredients I grew. I don't piss where I eat. And I don't eat shit.
Good for you. If you ever manage to grow an idea I can share, let me know.
Until then I'll have to make do with the canned variety.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice


Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Satyr wrote:



The human animal is quickly becomnig the only one left.

I used to hold that opinion until I realised it was wrong. Very, very wrong. And now I am 'comforted' by that fact and that fact alone. Never in a million years will the human animal be the only one left, although we may well cast asunder many on our very destructive path to oblivion if that indeed is where humans are headed. I don't think they are but as there is no direction to evolution I no longer worry about it. How silly was I to do so in the first place?

When I say humans 'grow up'. That's what I mean. Grow up. Soon please. Ah, but the babbling is so loud.

Evolution. What an idea! Unique at the time. But someone would have 'stumbled upon' it at some point, wouldn't they?

Not my idea, sadly, but it is so obvious as to be laughable sometimes. A fact based on an observable reality. Evolution I can understand although I admit my understanding is limited in many ways. But evolution even has an explanation for that; as well as the senses, discrimination, sexual and asexual reproduction, morality, sheep, dogs, leeches, parasites, amoeba, mosquitos, skin colour, wolves, viruses, gorillas, gods, goals, feminisation, feminism, socialism, gender.......should I go on?

Religion? Never bought into it. Philosophy? I had an interest in it once upon a time as I sought to understand but not any more. Fucking hell evolution. There's something you can really get you teeth into.

You got me satyr, didn't you?

Well done.

And now I shall retreat. I have to be alone with my thoughts.

Yours truly

small dead mammal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Satyr - I agree that philosophy is intellectual violence. I don't agree that "You're a moron" is philosophy. You had most lately on ILP spent many words to say "you're a moron" to someone or other - repeatedly - and very little time doing anything remotely philosophical. Just saying "I am strong" does not make one strong.

You have therefore not devoured a single sheep - you have merely nipped at their heels.

Quote :
It is the toy of Carleas. You work for him. You defend his principles.

This is not in fact true - but what if it was? What is your point? It is his site, and i help him run it. This is not exactly a news flash.

And you've missed my meaning - it is you that is the screaming child. I am the clerk, yes. But you have not beaten them at all. They are still there, and you are not.

And if the sign of a weakling is participating in a group, then we are all of us weak. I can see why Aidan and you get along so well.

All this drama. Over a message board site. I am not a mod here, so I cannot see why you pay attention to me here. Unless, in your weakness, you want so badly to come back that you, too, are groveling. For every reply you make to me shows this weakness.

And you may try to change my barroom metaphor, but that is such a weak attempt I will not respond to it.

I have been in a room full of toddlers, and I have not had to resort to slapping any of them.

You are moving from the ridiculous to the sublime. Like an elephant afraid of a mouse.

This is getting sad.

I should not have come here.

But I am still amused. I have laughed out loud at the very posts that caused me to recommend your removal.

I don't expect you to understand.
Back to top Go down
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
I agree. What does that have to do with philosophy?
What does other forums rejecting you have to do with philosophy?

Quote :

I play no game here! This is no game to me! I am all-in and I don't play for "fun"!

My question to you was this: how can I be dangerous without being important? That does not mean that I am important!

To ban somebody is to admit that it is detrimental. Is this fact important? You tell me.
I have said a number of times that I do not think the ideas of yours I have read are important in a general societal way, however much they may be important to you. I still can't get a straight answer from you about whether you agree or disagree. The importance of the fact that some moderators ban because they see someone as detrimental has nothing to do with the importance of that banned posters posts.


Quote :
I think my ideas are important, all of them.
Yes, and that's fine. My point was that you thought you were banned because your ideas were important. I think you have implied this. Do you believe that you were banned because your ideas were important?


Quote :
Why would I do that when you can just tell me what you think and feel?
You are not making sense. Here you use the subjunctive. You did in fact make claims about my emotional reactions to you. Address the question to yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 728
Age : 34
Location : Purgatory
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:45 pm

creasy wrote:
I have said a number of times that I do not think the ideas of yours I have read are important in a general societal way,
And I have already said I agree!

Society does not care for anything I say; it cannot understand me at all.


creasy wrote:
however much they may be important to you.
Society is important to me insofar as I am fed and watered, like a house plant.


creasy wrote:
I still can't get a straight answer from you about whether you agree or disagree.
...about what?

No I do not believe I am important in general to anybody except myself. That contradicts nothing that I have said.

Society may deem me dangerous, what the fuck would I care whether it is true or not?


creasy wrote:
The importance of the fact that some moderators ban because they see someone as detrimental has nothing to do with the importance of that banned posters posts.
If it is important to ban what is detrimental to your livelihood, then you are wrong, but not on my account.


creasy wrote:
Yes, and that's fine. My point was that you thought you were banned because your ideas were important. I think you have implied this. Do you believe that you were banned because your ideas were important?
No!!!

You must listen carefully ... I was banned, because what I said was dangerous! -- nothing more, nothing less.


creasy wrote:
You are not making sense. Here you use the subjunctive. You did in fact make claims about my emotional reactions to you. Address the question to yourself.
What claims did I make regarding your emotional reactions to me???

I do not recall this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist


Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Satyr wrote:
Then you should study the threads where this is so and see that I have been provoked by imbeciles with nothing else to say but cast aspersions concerning my personal life, so as to dismiss my views.
Sorry, had personal experience in other forums with you. I focused on your ideas and you started focusing on me. You categorized me and wrote about my motivations. I responded until this was clear it was going to be a pattern and then stopped responding to you. You present yourself as oh, so innocent in this post. Sorry. Not what I experienced and not what I witnessed. I did also see other people go directly at you with ad homs and you respond in kind, but that was not the only pattern, nor even the main one.

If you were in any way as reasonable as you now pretend to be, you would have seen this.
Quote :

It's a matter of discriminating tastes. You, have none and so you are a whore giving yourself for practically nothing and finding value in how easily you spread your legs for the right price...you call it your love and you do enjoy it.

It is your way, like the pathetic idiot that you are, to attack me personally, guided by this false sense that you know what I think and why I say the things I do in the way that I do.
These two quotes go together well. I wish I'd had the second one. You did not react to similar sentiment presented by others but perhaps a quote from your future self would have been respected more.

Quote :
Have I ever said I was saying anything unique or new? No.
Hello!!! The moment you categorize anyone who disagrees with you as having the ideas of the norm and the herd you are implicitly selling yourself as unique.

Quote :
Have I ever presented myself as the ideal male or as a not emasculated male? No.
Hello!!! The moment you act as if appointed to judge the levels of feminization - iow you are objective on this issue - you are implicitly putting yourself higher than any other male in the area. The fact that anyone who disagrees with you is automatically feminized just adds to the implication.
Quote :

Have I ever claimed to be more intelligent than everyone? No, but I have claimed that I am more intelligent than most.
Not the issue and note, yourself, how you framed the issue. 1) you are defending yourself against something I did not say. 2) what you do do is label those who disagree with you as stupid. I never drew the conclusion that you thought you were smarter than everyone, merely that you somehow thought saying others were stupider than you added to a discussion, despite the self-serving aspects of it.

Quote :
it is these 'most" that come out of the woodwork to then "put me in my place"...because the illusion that they are just as smart as anyone else must be maintained and those smarter than them, not me, play along for the sake of harmonious coexistence.
You will either admit, now that I am pointing it out in this sentence, that the 'not me' above was an attempt to be consistent or you won't. Who the hell else are you talking about?
Quote :

Have I ever attacked anyone without provocation or them choosing to direct their comments to me rather than to my thesis?
Of course you have.

Quote :


I can accept the self-serving, honest, egotism of a conservative, but the duplicitous, naive, pretentious, "selfless", posturing lies of a liberal sicken me.
me too, with emphasis on the duplicitous. I do think your conservative is idealized. They are also duplicitous. The liberal will openly whine and the conservative will openly admit to a readiness for violence and putting his own above others. And neither notices the reflection in the mirror the other provides. Each one hiding the indirect ways they do what the other does openly.

But both of them unite to tell us they are the only two choices.

Anyway. You'll either notice that you categorize all who disagree with you as herd and that this may be limited, or you won't
And you'll either notice that you are painting a rather self-serving image of your forum behavior, or you won't.

You ESP attempts in this posts in relation to me were off, by the way. Perhaps you are capable of considering that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   

Back to top Go down
 
Depraved mod
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: